Chapter 34

-3rd POV-

'She's right there...Hina's in front of me.' Takemichi thought, before turning to Mikey, who only turned his attention to the sleeping (Y/n), "What's going on, Mikey-kun?" He questioned him.

The commander only let out a noise as if he didn't hear him. The injured blond only gaped at him, before turning to the girl.

'What'll I do?' He put his hands up a bit, "Oh...Well..." He stammered, scratching his head, 'This is so awkward.'

"Let's break up, Hina."

'I dumped her without explanation.'

"I hate your guts!"

'What am I supposed to say to her now?'

"Got into another fight?" Hinata said.

Emma, Draken, who held the sleeping demon girl, stood by Mikey.

Takemichi's lip trembled as tears welled up.

-Small Flashback-

"Dad!" Hinata panted, staring at her father, who stared at her with eyes widen at her outburst, "What did you say to Takemichi?"

"Sorry, Hinata." He looked back at his newspaper, "But try to understand how I feel. I'd like you to fall for a guy who's not a hoodlum." He looked back at her, "I want you to find happiness."

"Why did you fall in love with mom? It wasn't for appearance's sake, right? I like Takemichi's character. He's a hoodlum and doesn't look dependable, but he's actually very warm and kind." She teared up, "He's the kind of guy who'd help me no matter what kind of pinch I'm in." 

He let out a small gasp as she sobbed.

"You can't describe Takemichi with just the word "hoodlum"!" Then she ran out.

"Hinata!" Her father called out, but all he heard was a door closing.

-----

Hinata clapped her hands twice, 'Kami-sama, hear my prayers.' She thought.

"Who prays at a shrine on Christmas?" A familiar voice said.

She turned around, "Huh? Emma-chan?"

The blonde female smiled, "I thought it was you, Hina."

The two then went to sit.

"You came to pray too, Emma-chan?"

The said girl nodded, "Yeah. My oldest brother used to always come here to pray on Christmas. What a weirdo, huh? After I started going along with him, it turned into an annual tradition."

"Wow, what a coincidence. I come to this shrine every Christmas too."

"Another weirdo. Then we may have met before."

The peach haired girl giggled, "Maybe so."

"So, what did you pray for?"

The girl slowly lost her smile as she explained the situation she had earlier.

Emma leaned her head against her palm, "I see. Your dad got involved, huh? That must have been brutal for Takemitchy." 

She nodded, "Yeah."

"But why'd he do it just because your dad said to?" She then stood up, "I know! Leave this to me."

She blinked at her, "Huh?"

-----

"Huh? Takemitchy?" Draken said, on the phone, then looked at the other male, "Mikey." He called out, making him turn, "Emma wants to know if we know where Takemitchy is."