Fifty-Two

I woke up the next morning with a little smile on my face.

First came the flood of happy memories; the ecstasy, the pleasure and the pain all wrapped up into a paradise untold.

Then I remembered, I was in my boss's bed.

It was early morning, by the light bouncing off the wooden wall across from me.

I slowly rolled over to look at the spot on the bed beside me. It was empty, and I could hear the shower running in the attached bath.

Maybe it was better this way. Now I could just slip away and we could pretend that the night before had never even happened.

I pulled on my pajamas, but was unable to find my panties so I quickly gave up on them.

Slipping out of the room, I thought for a moment that I had been successful in making my escape until I turned right and almost ran smack dab into Mike Barrett.

My bodyguard was standing there in a pair of jeans and a plain white Tee, holding a cup of coffee casually in one hand, a copy of the Chicago Times tucked under his arm. He was clearly on his way to the back balcony to do some morning reading of the news with his coffee.

How quaint, how completely normal and PC.

I grimaced up at him. He had caught me, there was no way around it.

"Well, good morning, sleepyhead!" He said with a big roguish grin spreading across his face. "I didn't mean to interrupt your walk of shame, there, sugar."

I glared up at him. He was undeniably cute, and tall, and physically capable and all that, but there was just something about him that really got on my nerves.

"It's not a walk of shame if you're not ashamed." I snapped, and slid smoothly past him on my way to my own bedroom.

"Sure, sure, whatever you need to tell yourself, Princess." I heard him chuckling to himself as he went on his way and I ground my teeth angrily together.

###

I hid in the shower for as long as I could.

When I did eventually venture out, it was to be greeted by the tempting smell of breakfast and coffee. Most specifically coffee.

Then the T-Rex that they called a dog came barreling in at me, shortly followed by his little master.

I grunted as I dropped into a squat to hug both boy and dog.

I felt Adrian watching me; and I could see him smirking out of the corner of my eye, but I purposefully ignored him.

I wasn't ready to meet my boss's eyes right then, not after what had transpired between us last night.

Luckily he was occupied at the stove and I only had to acknowledge him when he handed me my cup of coffee.

I murmured a 'thank you' without looking at him, and only took it after he had set it down on the counter. That way our fingers couldn't possibly brush.

Ty kept babbling away and I nodded and smiled as I listened to him. He sure had a lot of plans for us today. It was going to be a long and interesting Saturday.

###

Breakfast was being served up before I knew it.

It was all good stuff; fluffy scrambled eggs, perfectly crispy bacon, rich, fatty French toast, and sausages, too, because Adrian could never seem to get enough protein.

I was happy when he made the dog go outside where the canine watched hungrily through the screen door.

"Thanks, Adrian, this all looks amazing." I murmured, spearing a sausage with my fork.

"French toast is the beeest!" Ty agreed enthusiastically as he wolfed his down.

"Hey, don't talk with your mouth full." Adrian told his boy as he poured him a glass of orange juice. To me he then glanced and he gave me a warm smile before I could look away. "Told you I was good at making breakfast."

I blushed furiously and dropped my gaze into my coffee cup.

My boss was seriously the cruelest!

###

We didn't see our personal security at breakfast. Well, we saw them outside through the window, but they were just doing a perimeter check together.

I was glad, though I felt bad for them having to be out there while we were enjoying French toast and sausages. The longer I could put off having to see or talk to Mike again, the better. Smug, condescending bastard with his many judgements and opinions.

###

After breakfast, I slipped away into the bathroom to start getting ready because it sounded like we had a rather long day ahead of us.

When I came back out into the hallway after having freshened up and done my hair in a casual fishtail braid, it was to immediately bump into Adrian.

###

The hallway was dim and Adrian seemed so much larger than normal. And he always made me feel dwarfed by his towering physique and his domineering presence.

Memories from last night swirled through my head no matter how I tried to fight them back.

Adrian stopped at the sight of me, gazing down at me with those piercing blue eyes that seemed to positively glow in the gloom of the corridor.

My whole body flushed just at his nearness. I could catch the scent of his aftershave and it was tantalizing.

"Hey. Fancy running into you here."

That was my boss; always teasing. It was so unfair. If he only knew what it did to me when he teased me. Except maybe he did know, maybe exactly why he did it, in fact.

I bit the inside of my cheek, chuckling nervously as I tried to scooch past him.

He took a step to the side, but instead of moving out of my way, he moved into it, creating a roadblock in my path with that big body of his. The body that had been so warm and naked on top of mine just a few hours ago, really.

I tilted my head back even more as I looked up at him searchingly.

He continued to move forward, easing around my body so that parts of him brushed against parts of me.

He leaned down towards me slightly to whisper these seductive little words into my ear, "I can't wait for an encore."

Then he left me standing there, all alone with my devastated system that he had left quaking in his aftershock.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"It's not a walk of shame if you're not ashamed!"

I love that! Need to write that down...

Hahaha thanks for reading, You!

HRH