Pt. 2 Nineteen

We lay in bed together, my back nestled snug to his chest. Outside, it began to rain.

I was content and terribly sore, but it was a good sore.

Adrian stroked my hair, hypnotizing me. "You okay?" He asked me quietly.

I nodded.

"Thank you for giving yourself to me, Eve, thank you for trusting me. I love you."

His words warmed me, all the way through.

Adrian Kingsley really loves me? It still didn't seem real.

"You gonna say it back?" He chuckled softly.

I snuffled at him, play pouting. "I thought you already knew how much I love you." I mumbled, a bit self-consciously.

"I do. But it wouldn't hurt to hear it."

"I love you, Master." I whispered.

He chuckled again, nuzzling my neck playfully. "Good girl. Now go to sleep."

I prided myself on being a good little slave, so I dutifully closed my eyes, and soon fell fast asleep.

###

Before I knew it, we were on our way to my sister's house for dinner.

It was surreal, to say the least, to be doing something so utterly normal with Adrian, mundane, even. Going to have dinner with my family and my new boyfriend; totally normal.

Never mind that normal people didn't usually date their boss, and if they did they wouldn't be shameless enough to bring him home.

Color me shameless, 'cause here we were.

Adrian was driving, of course. My car, my employer, my lover; my life.

It felt good. A little wrong, but also really, legitimately good.

He glanced over at me and grinned. "Nervous? You look a little pale, darling."

"What? No, I'm fine."

At least you're not making me wear the collar.

I squirmed in my seat as memories from last night undulated through me. I was still sore in certain places. Actually, more like all over.

It was quite distracting.

Adrian reached over for my hand and squeezed. "Hey, don't worry, I'll behave. I promise. But I expect a reward later."

My thighs clenched involuntarily and I winced. My tummy quivered with anticipation. As sore as I was, I wanted more. Needed more.

"Yes, Master." I mumbled obediently, and he slid me a small, knowing smile.

Before I knew it, we were pulling up in front of my sister's house.

Adrian had asked if he could bring anything and even though I had told him no, we'd had to stop at the store on the way here to pick up a bottle of embarrassingly overpriced wine.

Being at the grocery store had been weird in its normalcy. Adrian didn't really do normal, after all.

Now here we were, and suddenly I was anxious about what my niece and nephew were going to think of him.

We were walking up the driveway now, my arm tucked submissively through his, and I noticed he was frowning at something.

"Is that Barrett's car?" He suddenly asked.

I followed his gaze and frowned when I spotted the nondescript black sedan parked by the mailbox.

"Uhmmm...I dunno?"

"Well, was anyone else supposed to be coming?" He almost snapped the question.

I looked up at him, eyebrows arched. "What happened to behaving?"

His dark expression dissolved into a roguish grin as fast as sugar in hot water. "We're not inside yet." He gave my bottom a firm smack just for good measure.

We were on the front porch now and I shot him a warning expression before I turned the doorknob and let us into the house.

"Hey, we're here!" I called out as we entered, though I needn't have.

Everyone was already gathered in the living room, and by everyone I meant my sister, looking somehow smug and guilty at the same time, my darling niece and nephew, and Mike, my ex bodyguard.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ooh, now how's that for an awkward twist for them?!

Happy spring reading, friends!

HRH