Pt 2 Ten

Adrian was fifteen minutes late.

I had to restrain myself from running to him the second he walked in the door, like a faithful dog.

I sipped my white wine in the kitchen, waiting for him to come to me.

He did so with a rueful smile, and I noticed he had a parcel tucked under his arm.

"Hey, honey. Sorry I'm late. I stopped to get you something on the way home."

He unwrapped the package on the counter. It was a brown leather riding crop and a dog leash, also in sturdy brown leather.

My eyes widened. "How sweet." I couldn't quite catch my quip in time.

I looked up into his eyes to find them sizzling.

"Adrian, I'm not sure I'm up for this again tonight. I'm still so broken."

This made him smile, the fascist. "Don't worry, I planned on spoiling you tonight. You gave me an amazing gift last night. I want to repay you."

My breath caught in my throat. When he came around the counter to me, I instinctually took a retreating step from him.

His smile became predatory, his movements were slow and calculated and smooth.

And the wolf closed in on the rabbit.

Adrian caught me easily, his hand sliding around the back of my neck. He pulled me to him, swallowing my little gasp with a deep, surprisingly tender kiss.

When my lips were just starting to get puffy, he pulled back and smiled down at me, pleased with my submission.

He rewarded me with pets, stroking his hands down over my hair, which I had carefully styled in sleek, trendy waves, and on, down my shoulders and arms.

His caresses stimulated my strained nerve endings to life and I shuddered.

"I missed you, Eve." He told me huskily. "Are you hungry? I'll make you anything ya like."

Anything?

"Shrimp scampi sounds good right now." I said sweetly.

"Coming right up, angel. Pour me a glass of wine, will you?"

###

"My sister says she'd love to host us." I told him from my spot curled up on the couch. I liked this spot right here; with my fleece throw blanket and my wine glass. The view was pretty good, too.

Adrian looked over at me and smirked to catch me ogling him.

But I had every right to ogle him now! He was my boyfriend, after all. Among other things...

"Sounds good. You nervous? You look a little nervous." He teased me lightly.

I pulled a rather childish face at him. "Yes! Lyndsey can be...judgmental. And opinionated. And she's my family, so..." I took a fortifying sip of wine.

Adrian was just boiling pasta water right then, so he crossed the room to sit beside me on the couch. "I'll behave myself, I promise." He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. "Are we going to tell her the full extent of the truth; that we're a couple?"

I sighed. "I mean, I think it's kinda obvious at this point. No use in denying it, right? To anyone. But ugh, she's so gonna lecture me about this later."

He cocked his head, a rare expression of confusion crossing his face. "Eve, you're a grown ass woman. Why are you so concerned what your big sister thinks? She can't control your life. Only I can do that."

This last bit was just him teasing me, and it coaxed a little smile from me.

"Because," I sighed even heavier, "she's my family. My only family, really. I mean, there's my mom and stepdad, but we don't exactly see each other often. Lyndsey's not just my sister, she's my best friend. And I want to be allowed to still come and visit my niece and nephew."

Adrian frowned. "Would she really cut you off from seeing them, because of us?"

I shrugged. "If she thinks I'm setting a bad example for Chloe and Ronnie? Quite possibly."

"Well, she invited us to dinner. I'd say that's a good start." He hedged, taking a sip of his own wine.

His arm was stretched out along the back of the couch and I leaned into his side.

"I hope so." I murmured. I hoped Lyndsey wouldn't try to make me choose between my dysfunctional relationship with my boss and my family.

There was a reason I'd been avoiding her.

###

That night, Adrian kept his promise, and spoiled me half to death.

The sex was slow and tender and thorough. I don't mean to say that it wasn't firm and powerful, just like him.

He didn't get me off with his cock, but after he'd finished, he went down on me until I came gushing shamelessly in his mouth.

He drank me down with greedy relish, just as he always did.

Afterwards we cuddled and it was unbelievably nice.

I'd never felt so safe, so cherished, as I did when I lay in his arms.

He was exactly what I'd always needed, without even realizing it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Thank you for reading!

Happy New Years!

HRH