Pt. 2 Forty-One

Adrian opened the box.

The ring inside was almost blinding. It was absolutely stunning, and huge. Totally over the top, just like Adrian.

"Are you sure?" I rasped.

Here Adrian frowned at me slightly, then quickly worked to smooth his features. "I'm down on one knee for you, sugar. I bought a ring, didn't I? Pretty damn serious."

It was my turn to frown and I didn't try to tamper my pique. "I-I don't want you to do this because you feel pressured to."

"I don't." He insisted softly but fervently. "Eve, I love you more than I love anything other than my son. If you want kids, then I want to make them with you. Whatever you want; I just want to make you happy. Please, I can't live without you."

I was beyond shocked when I saw actual tears tracking down Adrian's face. I hadn't even known he was capable of crying.

"I've never begged for anything," he said, slowly lowering himself down onto both knees, "but I'm begging you, Eve. Please. Please say you'll be mine."

Tears were sliding freely down my own face now.

"Yes!" I gasped out. "Yes, of course I will!"

Relief flooded his face, while his tears still shimmered on his cheeks.

I put out my hand and he smiled and slid the ring onto my finger.

The moment was so surreal, I could barely believe it was happening. And me in my pajamas.

Adrian stood up, as I was admiring the ring, and yanked me into his arms. I gasped in happy surprise as he lifted me up to swing me around.

Was this real life?

He put me down, cradled my face between his hands, and kissed me. "I promise," he said between kisses, "I'll be better. I promise I'll let you make your own decisions. Just stay with me."

I was crying harder than ever now. I was simply overwhelmed with emotions. "Okay." I said against his lips. "I promise, too. I promise to listen and take care of you the way you need."

"Oh yeah? Is that so?"

"Mmhmm." I nodded and smiled up at him, twining my arms around his neck. "I'm good at it, after all. But I have a new deal to make with you now."

"Oh?" His eyebrows shot up and he chuckled. "Do you now?"

"Yep. I have a few rules I need to lay down. First, you have to promise to behave yourself, except when we're in the bedroom. Secondly, no more PAs for you."

This made him smile and he pulled me in for another kiss. "Deal."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The End

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Thanks so much for reading!

If you've liked this story well enough (Said in a British accent, of course) please don't forget to Vote on it, and tell all your friends!

If you want to read more of my fantastic works, check out "Saving You", if you like a good kidnapping/romantic suspense type deal, or "Cowboy, Stay with Me" for a feel-good western vibe, or "My Bad Boy's Diary" if you like YA romance and angst. I also have a collection of short horror stories and a Christmas Special romance, if ya nastay!

Happy reading, y'all!

HRH