Pt. 2 Twenty-Eight

By the night of the fundraiser I was outfitted with a beautiful new gown the color of Envy. It was made from pure satin and felt amazing on my body.

It looked amazing on my body, with a ruched bodice that was highly flattering, and delicate shoulder straps that crisscrossed all the way down my back.

I'd found the most perfect pair of golden strappy heels to finish off the ensemble, but I didn't dare wear any underwear in fear of panty lines. 

At the salon a few days prior I had gotten my dull blonde hair highlighted and permanently relaxed. No more wayward frizz for me!

The afternoon before the fundraiser, though, Adrian surprised me by hiring stylists to come to the penthouse to do my hair and makeup before the event.

The stylists were fierce, but they seemed to know what they were doing so I didn't dare comment or complain about a single element.

They even stuck false eyelashes on me and applied lip plumper, which I'd never tried before. It stung a bit, but it certainly gave me a sultry, pouty look.

When they were all done and finally stepped away, I had to admit I looked freaking gorgeous. I looked mature, sophisticated; in control of my own destiny.

Now that really was a change...

I was about as spruced up as I was going to get, with my hair slicked up into a fancy French twist, and my nails recently capped with French tips.

I was finally ready to present myself to Adrian for inspection. He knew that my dress was emerald green, but I hadn't allowed him to see me in it yet. I wanted to see the candid look on his face when he first saw me in it, all dolled up, just for him.

Feeling unduly nervous, I stood before him, trying not to fidget and ruin my sophisticated goddess look.

Adrian was looking quite handsome himself, in a dark gray-blue suit and an emerald green shirt.

His eyes dropped down over me and I couldn't help but blush.

"Turn around." He said huskily.

I obediently spun a little circle for him, giving him a prime glimpse of my bare back and my rump encased in emerald satin.

When I turned back to face him, he had a dark, hungry expression on his face.

"Do you approve of it, sir?" I asked him sweetly. "Do I look alright?"

"You're positively ravishing, Eve." He fairly whispered. "But I think something's missing."

"Oh?" I looked down my body. I hadn't adorned myself with much else, just a pair of diamond stud earrings, and my metallic gold clutch.

"Mmhmmm." He murmured, coming forward and presenting me with a small, black velvet box.

I had another "Pretty Woman" moment, I'm not gonna lie. Like I almost squealed and laughed like a maniac.

He'd gotten me jewelry!

Adrian was grinning. "Ready? You want it?"

I nodded eagerly and his grin widened.

When he popped the lid, I was not disappointed.

A thick frost of diamonds glittered up at me.

###

"Oh, Adrian. Honey, it's beautiful!"

Adrian lost his smile. "You rarely call me 'honey'." He commented.

"Is it really for me?" I was grinning now. "To keep?"

"Yes, darling. I thought that tonight you would wear a very special collar for me."

I looked slowly up into his eyes, and I got instantly wet. "Yes, Master." I murmured, licking my lips.

###

When we arrived at the party, I realized that I had underestimate how overwhelmed I would feel.

This wasn't like the wedding at Rockford, this was much, much fancier. Black tie affair and all that. At least it wasn't a white tie affair; then I'd have to wear gloves and Adrian would have to wear a tux. I'd read a few etiquette books in my day.

I wonder how Adrian would look in a tux.

But then he linked his arm through mine and I looked up at him. I instantly felt better, like magic.

We entered the historical building and everything around us was dazzling. I was glad I was sober because I felt a little dizzy already.