Pt 2: Two

The next day, everything was weirdly normal.

Adrian was back to being all business as usual, though he was a bit more polite to me now. He said 'please' and even 'thank you' without me having to remind him.

We had back-to-back board meetings with the media production team; the PR developers, the overseas sales techs, before finishing with the monthly finances meeting, which was always my least favorite.

The flock of Kingsley accountants were some of the most sinister individuals I had ever encountered. They were always wheedling on about how he needed to expand his company more, how budget cuts for low level workers – like me – needed to happen to sustain the overall health of the company. In other words, they wanted to keep their own pockets fatly lined.

Luckily, Adrian didn't tend to agree with them on most matters. His company of multiple business models was ever expanding, as far as I could tell, and he didn't see the need to make any budget cuts as of yet.

Of course, I knew that his business was still none of mine. I might be his girlfriend – his lover – but I was still just his assistant.

I brought him his coffee, took notes for him, and let him fuck me, but that's where my job requirements ended. And I had made my peace with that, I reminded myself sternly, as I dutifully brought Adrian his triple shot espresso.

The rest of my day was spent fielding more messages from my sister, as well as fielding Adrian's phone.

Lyndsey was pushing for dinner soon, though I was still of a mind to avoid her for as long as possible.

I was more mentally preoccupied than ever now, tortured with thoughts of BDSM. I'd written some pretty graphic sex scenes in "Diablerie" and I wondered if Adrian had gotten that far in the book yet; if he'd really started reading it at all, for that matter.

Now those sex scenes just seemed silly, compared to his preferred and somewhat violent delights.

I did a little research on the side whenever I had a break; brushing up on my BDSM facts, as it were.

The big X he had in his sex dungeon was called a St. Andrew's cross. Essentially, he would secure me to it by my wrists, ankles, and waist, and then he could do whatever he liked to me. Body-flogging seemed the most likely.

Sensory deprivation intrigued me, but I seriously doubted I was up for hooks or clamps or suction cups. Yuck!

Some people. I just don't understand.

I was deeply absorbed in an article about the levels of trust and respect required between the Dominant and the Submissive, when my boss lightly tapped me on the shoulder.

I jerked my head up with a flush.

He arced an eyebrow at me when I held the iPad protectively to my chest, not wanting him to see.

"Ready for dinner, my dear?" He asked me, in a dry tone.

I sighed and nodded, rising to collect my things from around my desk.

We were scheduled to dine with some of his fussy French clients, so I wasn't about to get excited about a romantic dinner for two.

All real business transpired over dinner, though, rather than the board room, Adrian had told me once.

I'd take his word on it.

We stepped into the elevator, going down, and I was lost in my own thoughts. So it took me completely by surprise when Adrian was suddenly all over me; backing me into the corner and kissing me like he'd die if he didn't.

I was shocked, but not unwilling.

"Adrian-?" My eyes fluttered closed and I let my arms go round his neck. "Mmmm..." I moaned helplessly into his mouth.

This. This is what I'd been needing, what my whole body and soul had been craving.

Just his body against mine, his lips on mine; kissing me so that I couldn't even think.

"I keep thinking about all the dirty things I'm gonna do to you when I get you home tonight." Adrian whispered in my ear, making me shudder against him. "I can't stop thinking about it."

He nipped me lightly on the side of the neck. "I cannot wait." He confessed huskily.

Neither could I.

Thanks, boss.

All too soon, he broke away from me, and the elevator doors hissed open, exposing us to the lobby floor.

He left me feeling cold and rumpled, and now my poor lips were all puffy and swollen from his kisses.

Not cool.

Blushing, I covered my mouth with my hand as I followed Adrian Kingsley from the building.

I felt like the whole world must be aware of our clandestine relationship by now.

###

"Les femmes américains sont tellement coincées. Je trouve ça ennuyeux, n'est-ca pas?"

I frowned at the simpering Frenchman. I spoke enough high school French to understand he was talking about me.

Adrian seemed as unamused as I felt. He gave the foreign businessmen a thin smile.

He responded in what sounded to me like flawless French. He spoke it beautifully. I could listen to him make small talk in French all day.

I wondered if I could get him to speak it to me later, when we were alone.

I flushed at my own torrid thoughts and lowered my gaze to my roast duck with plum sauce. It was amazing, of course, but my appetite was still on the frink.

I felt my phone buzz in my lap and I checked it purely out of habit, expecting it to be Lyndsey again.

My eyes widened when I saw that it was my boss texting me.

'I'm sorry this is so boring. These guys are real twats.'

I had to catch my snigger in my napkin.

That sneaky devil, I hadn't even noticed him texting me.

The three Frenchmen were still chattering away amongst themselves and didn't seem to notice that they didn't have our attention.

I surreptitiously texted back. 'What're they saying? Are they as big douches as they sound?'

'Qui!' He swiftly responded and I barely caught my snort that time.

I received another text from him a scant second later. 'I have a present for you.'

Ooh, presents, you say?!

He'd already bought me that beautiful gown, not to mention my own car. I imagined jewelry for a moment, then recalled his recent confession.

Not jewelry then. No, this present was likely to be sex related.

How could I complain about that? As nervous as I felt, it was a giddy sort of excitement, no sense of real dread. Not yet.

If Adrian wanted to broaden my sexual horizons, who was I to refrain the generous offer?

Our French friends had managed to snag Adrian up in conversation once more and our texting sadly had to cease.

Nevertheless, mythighs were clenched tight together beneath the table. I couldn't wait for mydevilish boss to take me home

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Who saw the crazy blood moon eclipse tonight, or whatever?!

Thanks for reading, y'all!

HRH