Sixty-Nine

The next day we took Ty to Lincoln Park just as Adrian had promised. I was relieved that Tiffany still allowed us to.

Ty was brimming with excited energy that morning, pleased that his father had actually kept his word, no doubt. He also seemed pleased that I had come along again.

Ty was all a-chatter, scampering back and forth between us and the exhibits in the museum.

Us hungover adults were feeling a bit more tender, keeping our sunglasses on the whole time we were at the zoo.

The word surreal had begun to define my life. Adrian held my hand the majority of the time; he was the one who reached out to me.

To an outside observer, we probably looked like any other normal couple as we walked along together in the sun.

I wished every day could be this simple.

The only awkward thing was how sore I still was from all the things Ty's dad had done to me last night.

We'd had a lot to celebrate and he had violated me quite sweetly indeed. Not to mention thoroughly.

He'd only stopped when we'd both been exhausted.

Now, I couldn't speak for him, but my whole body ached, my core felt strained, and my knees were a little unsteady.

I felt tired only having walked a short distance.

Adrian was being extra attentive today; to both his son and I.

He guided us along, checking on our needs often; if we were hungry, if we needed to stop at a park bench and rest in the shade, etc., and of course he paid for everything.

It was very much a real date. Our first as an official couple of the world.

Whenever I thought about it I got an instance upsurge of butterflies in my stomach. Of course, "butterflies" was much too weak a word, more like razor-winged bats straight out of Hell.

Every time Adrian met my eyes, he would give me a sly, sexy smile, the bastard. He knew what he did to me, how much I adored him.

I was crazy about him.

I was thrilled that he had finally wanted to be exclusive with me. I don't know what I would've done if he hadn't.

All I could do now was hope and pray that someday maybe my boss would feel the same way about me that I felt for him.

###

We stopped for ice cream and while Adrian paid for it, Ty and I stood off to the side, happily slurping up our respective ice creams.

He'd gotten cookie dough and I'd gotten strawberry cheesecake flavor.

"So are you and my dad dating now?" Ty asked me, in that blunt child's way of his, and I nearly gagged on my ice cream.

"Well, uhm, actually..." my eyes darted to Adrian, desperately looking for help. We hadn't yet discussed whether we were going public with our brand new baby relationship.

"We, uh, we talked about it and yes, we decided, that is, your father and I decided that, uhm, to start seeing...one another."

I don't know that anyone had ever said anything as awkwardly.

Ty considered me for a minute as he thoughtfully savored his ice cream. "Good." He decided, surprising me. "I knew my dad liked you, and you liked him."

I raised my eyebrows. "So...you're okay with this then, kiddo? 'Cause we both care about what you think."

"Yeah." He said with a shrug that belied whatever his true feelings might be. He was so much like his father that way. "And my mom is cool with it, too."

My eyebrows went even higher. "She is?"

Another shrug.

Just then Adrian rejoined us and I never got to hear Ty's reasoning as to why Tiffany was at peace with me dating his dad. Frankly, I wasn't sure I was ready to believe it.

Adrian had gotten coffee flavored ice cream, it suited him. He smiled down at both of us, sliding his arm around my waist, and ruffling Ty's hair; a benevolent god.

"What ya'll talkin' 'bout?" He said in an exaggerated drawl.

Ty and I exchanged a mischievous smile. "Nothing!" We both said and giggled together.

I could tell that Adrian wanted to know what the inside joke was, but he just smiled instead of pushing.

###

We went to see "Guardians the Galaxy" after lunch, and Ty was suitably pleased that Adrian's claimed favorite character was Drax.

Afterwards we had to drop Ty off at home. I think we were all sad to part with each other.

Adrian would never say, but I'm sure it was hard on him; driving away.

On the ride home, it began to rain.

###

Adrian held my hand on the drive home, I was still trying to get used to that.

Soothing jazz drifted out of the speakers, blending beautifully with the rain.

I blinked as Adrian exited the freeway early, heading out of the city.

"Where ya takin' me, boss?" I asked, visions of a fancy dinner or a romantic cabin getaway dancing through my head. Though I did wish I had a change of clothes...

"To get ammo for your gun." He answered flatly, killing any and all romantic fantasies.

"Oh. Right." The gun felt heavy and unnatural in my purse and I still wasn't sure how I felt about it.

"I want to start training with you tonight." He told me, and something about the way he said it gave me instant frisson.

"And there are a few things we should talk about if you're really serious about being with me."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Thanks for reading, y'all!

HRH