Chapter 92 - the moon

- Third POV -

Zhao continues to flee, only to be attacked by Zuko.

"You're alive?" Says Zhao shocked.

"You tried to have me killed!" Shouts Zuko furiously.

"Yes I did. You're the Blue Spirit, an enemy of the Fire Nation! You freed the Avatar and dualbender!" Replies Zhao angrily. Meanwhile, Aang's giant energy form makes its way towards the ocean, getting closer to Zuko and Zhao.

"I had no choice" Scoffs Zuko as he continues sending fire blasts towards Zhao, who blocks them.

"You should have chosen to accept your failure; you're a disgrace. Then, at least, you could have lived!" Grunts Zhao angrily as he attacks Zuko.

❀❀❀

Back at the oasis, Iroh places the dead koi fish in the water.

"It's too late, it's dead" Says Mizuki in a sorrowful tone. Iroh looks up at her and Yue, and notices how Yue's eyes are still bright while everyone else's are grey-ish due the lack of the moon.

"You have been touched by the Moon Spirit. Some of its life is in you" States Iroh as he examines Yue's white hair.

"Yes, you're right. It gave me life, maybe I can give it back" Replies Yue determined.

"What...Yue, no!" Exclaims Mizuki anxiously as she grabs Yue's shoulders.

"It's my duty, Mizuki" Sighs Yue sorrowful as a she begins to tear up. I don't want to lose anyone like this- not again. Mizuki let's go of Yue's shoulders, but holds onto her sleeve with one hand while looking down. She begins to silently cry as tears fall down her face.

"Your father told me to protect you-" Sokka gets cut off by Yue.

"I have to do this" Yue turns around and begins walking towards the oasis. Mizuki reaches out to Yue once again, but Sokka holds her back.

"Yue! Please don't" Sobs Mizuki as she struggles to escape Sokka's grasp. Yue stands in front of Iroh, who's holding the koi fish. She places her hands on Tui. The koi fish begins to glow and Yue closes her eyes as she begins to fall down. Sokka lets go of Mizuki who rushes towards Yue's body and catches it.

"No...she's gone, she's gone-" Mizuki's voice begins to tremble as she looks at Yue's face. She looks like mom... Mizuki embraces Yue's body and closes her eyes, trying to numb the pain. Sokka, Aang, Katara, and Iroh look at Mizuki with empathy while trying to hide their tears. Suddenly, Yue's body fades away while the koi fish begins to light up and glow. Iroh places the koi back into the oasis water. The entire lake begins to light up until energy floats up into the air forming an image of Yue. In other words, Yue's spirit.

"Goodbye, dear Mizuki. I'm glad I've got to meet you. You taught me courage, which I am thankful for" Says Yue as she gently cups Mizuki's face and wipes her tears away.

"Yue I- I'm happy we met" Sniffs Mizuki as she looks up at her cousin.

"I'll always be with you" Reassures Yue as she lets go of Mizuki and begins to float into the sky.

"Goodbye everyone" Yue smiles at Iroh and Team Avatar before dissapearing. As soon as Yue's gone, the moon reappears in the sky, bringing color back. Sokka and Katara embrace Mizuki, who's looking down at the ground and bursts into tears. Aang's still fused with the ocean spirit. He looks up and notices the moon has returned. The Ocean Spirit fades into the water and moves back to the city, dropping Aang off on a wall as he leaves the Avatar State. Meanwhile, Zuko and Zhao are fighting on a bridge. Zuko gains the upper hand and Zhao notices the moon has returned.

"It can't be!" Exclaims Zhao, who gets consumed by the energy of the ocean spirit in the shape of a hand and dragged towards the water.

"Take my hand!" Shouts Zuko. Zhao considers it for a moment before retracting his hand. The energy plummets into the water, Zhao dragged along with it, and dissipates.

❀❀❀

Pakku and the others are on a ledge, overlooking the city. Katara and Mizuki are standing behind Pakku.

"I've decide to go to the South Pole. Some other benders and healers want to join me. It's time we helped rebuild our sister tribe" States Pakku.

"What about Aang? He still needs to learn waterbending" Exclaims Mizuki worriedly.

"Well, then he better get used to calling you master Mizuki" Chuckles Pakku.

"Maybe I should call you master too~!" Jokes Katara as she playfully elbows Mizuki, who begins to smile.

❀❀❀

"The spirits gave me a vision when Yue was born. I saw a beautiful, brave, young woman become the Moon Spirit. I knew this day would come" Sighs Arnook sorrowful.

"You must be proud" Says Mizuki as she looks up at Arnook, trying to hide the fact that's she's devastated by Yue's death.

"So proud...and sad" Replies Arnook while trying to hide his tears.

"Mizuki, you're all I have left of family. Will you promise me to take care of yourself?" Pleads Arnook while Mizuki nods.

"I will, and I'll visit you someday. Promise" States Mizuki before hugging her uncle.

❀❀❀

Zuko and Iroh are on a raft.

"Zuko, what happened to your face? How did it heal so quickly?" Asks Iroh confused. Zuko looks at his reflection in the water, only to find out that he doesn't have any burn scars on his face left. Well- besides one. Who could've done this? Mizuki? But why would she... Iroh notices how Zuko stares at his reflection. He must've just realized. Iroh decides to change the topic.

"Also, I'm surprised Prince Zuko, surprised that you are not at this moment trying to capture the Avatar" Says Iroh while Zuko lays down on the raft.

"I'm tired" Sighs Zuko.

"Then you should rest. A man needs his rest"

❀❀❀

Aang's looking out on the ledge in the Northern Water Tribe city. Katara, Sokka and Mizuki approach him. As soon as Aang realizes that they're behind him, he turns around, only to get pulled into a hug.

"I'm glad you guys are okay" Sighs Aang relieved as he begins to smile.

"You too" Grins Mizuki.

❀❀❀

Meanwhile, somewhere in the Fire Nation's Royal palace.

"Iroh is a traitor, and your brother Zuko is a failure. I have a task for you" States Ozai as Azula looks up at him, and begins to smile evilly.

END OF BOOK 1, to be continued

Word count: 1.044