36.

Polly and Tommy soon re-entered the room.

Bella could feel his eyes on her as soon as they walked in.

She was still seated at the table, leg bouncing trying to keep her nerves in check.
When she looked up, she didn't get the comfort she wanted.
His face was blank, and she could almost see the wheels turning in his head. He had some kind of plan, she just hoped she liked it.

He went to wait at the other end of the room, while Polly came and sat back down next to her. Arthur joined them again soon after, now they just had to wait for Finn to find John....

Tommy stayed far away from the three. He stood leaning against the wall, waiting for his other brothers to arrive.

He needed a little distance, because he saw the look on Bella's face and knew if he stayed too close to her he wouldn't go through with the plan.

The plan was to show the Italians who was in charge. He tried to keep the the peace, for Bella's sake. But because of Johns actions, that wasn't possible anymore. They needed to show them who they really were, before they try to retaliate.

Glancing over, he saw Her biting her lip. Something she did when she was anxious.
She wanted to be apart of the business and this was it...

Soon Finn entered the room, pushing John into a chair with him.

"Thank you Finn, you can fuck off" Arthur said

But Tommy started walked across the room as soon as the door opened "it's alright Finn you can stay" and gestured for him to take a seat

John shrugged and looked around "what's this 'bout?"

"John, you cut Angel Changretta." Tommy said leaning against the door frame, he was blinking fast trying to control his rage "Even Arthur told you to apologize"

Bella felt her stomach drop again when he said it out loud. Looking over at him, but his eyes remained on his brother.

John didn't turn around to look back him. He knew he went against what his brother said but he was angry and wanted to prove that he wasn't afraid of them. He only hummed in response.

Tommy glanced at Bella for half a second. She stayed quiet, not sure if she'd be able to trust her voice.

"And now I've got an Italian walking around my backyard...saying he's going to kill my brother" Tommy exclaimed

Bella gasped. Causing them all to turn in her direction. Polly reached over and placed her hand over Bella's shaking one.

Tommy was too angry to respond to her.
"If we apologize once, we have to do it again and again."

"What are you doing Tom?" Bella quietly asked, not liking the where this was going.

He looked at her, his face tense and serious "if you go soft on rebellion, it'll grow"

Arthur stood up angry "bloody soft on rebellion" he mumbled angrily

Tommy turned back to John "you did the right thing, now we go on the offensive"

Bella swallowed her nerves. She wasn't scared anymore, she was angry. Everything she told Tommy about the Changretta's was to protect him and his family and he's throwing it out the window.

"Tommy..."she said testing him

He looked over, pointing a finger at her "No, Bella! No more trying to be Peaceful! They're dangerous people and so are we. It's time to show them who's on top!...we take two of the Changretta's pubs, and we take them tonight! That's it!" He snapped then turned to walk away