Temptation

Temptation is not a sin, but it can lead us to sin.

There are 4 ways which can helps you to overcome temptation.

1) Minimize

- lower your exposure to it.

James 1:14," But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed."

- we have will power to resist temptation so, for that reason we should remove ourselves from people, situations, and locations that would cause us to be tempted.

2) Be accountable

Ecclesiastes 4:9‭-‬10," Two are better than one, Because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, For he has no one to help him up."

- it is always good to have a friends or someone close to text, call or visit when you are feeling vulnerable.

3) Do Prayer

- resist devil through prayer.

James 4:7," Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." 

- always try to pray through the moment of weakness.

4) Quote scriptures

- Quote scriptures directly related to that temptation.

- King David ," thy word have i hid in my heart that i might not sin against thee"

- remember Jesus quoted scriptures when he was being tempted of satan.

- so, its important to memorize scriptures and meditate on it.