Distractred and Broken heart??

I thank God that He does not leave me behind just because I’m slow, distracted, or when I mess up sometimes.

Does God condemn the brokenhearted?

No, Jesus says, “Blessed are you who mourn, for you shall be comforted.”

Even the Psalmist writes, “God is near the brokenhearted,” (Psalm 34:18).

Further more, the Psalmist writes, “God HEALS the brokenhearted,” (Psalm 147:3).

When the Prodigal Son returned home, he wasn’t met with wrath or judgement for the life decisions he just made. He came up the driveway and was met with a hug from his dad, given new clothes because his were disgusting and covered in pig food and poop, given a ring that symbolizes his sonship, AND the father had a party, yes a party thrown for his son because it was way more important that his son returned than what he previously did with the gifts and grace’s given to him.

Jesus says, “Come to Me if you are tired and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke, [take My lifestyle, My way of doing things] upon you and you will have rest, for I am gentle and lowly in heart.”

In this scene, you see the contrast between Jesus’ care, compassion, and gentleness like the father of the prodigal, and John being like the prodigal’s brother who was angry that his father celebrated his brother’s return.

God is compassionate. He cares for you. Does God condemn you when life gets hard and you’re struggling to keep yourself above water? That’s not the example of God that I see in Scripture.

Know that when you come to God when you’ve been distracted, heartbroken, haven’t been pursuing Him, know that the Bible says, “Any who come to Me, I will NEVER turn away” (John 6:37).

You come to a God whose arms are ALWAYS wide open to you. It’s not how much you’ve prayed or how much you’ve read your Bible or how pure your life has been that gets you into the good graces of God, it’s Jesus.

He wants to be the Person you go to for comfort and to process life with. He’s available to you, now and tomorrow.

 He’s available to you, now and tomorrow