Destructive habits

There are 5 destructive habits that keeps you away from prayer.

1) living in distracted life

Matthew 6:6," But when you pray, you should go into your room and close the door. Then pray to your Father. He is there in that private place. He can see what is done in private, and he will reward you."

- prayer is communication of you and God. When you are prayin, god wants to speak to you. That is why it is important to be attentive to his voice.
- whenever you pray, remove all distraction. Keep aside you work, honor the lord's presence with your time. It is also a form of worship to god when you focus on him and stay attentive.

2) letting guilt convince you to not pray

Hebrews 9:13‭-‬14," The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a cow were sprinkled on those who were no longer pure enough to enter the place of worship. The blood and ashes made them pure again-but only their bodies. So surely the blood sacrifice of Christ can do much more. Christ offered himself through the eternal Spirit as a perfect sacrifice to God. His blood will make us completely clean from the evil we have done. It will give us clear consciences so that we can worship the living God."

- sometimes you think that because of your past sins, god is angry on you, god is not listening to your prayer and sometimes we even doubt that is god really listening or not !
- but remember, he shed his blood for you, no matter how much big your sin is....he has forgiven you.
- have faith, he does hear your prayer.
- wait patiently for his timing. Because he have perfect timing, never early...never late.....

3) overthinking your prayer time

Psalms 51:17," The sacrifice that God wants is a humble spirit. God, you will not turn away someone who comes with a humble heart and is willing to obey you."

1 Samuel 16:7," But the Lord said to Samuel, "Eliab is tall and handsome, but don't judge by things like that. God doesn't look at what people see. People judge by what is on the outside, but the Lord looks at the heart. Eliab is not the right man."

- always remember god doesn't respond to system, he respond to sincerely.
- god does see your words, he see your feelings, your heart, your thoughts.....
- sometimes we look at other praying and start comparing with yourself....but remember god doesn't see your words, he see how faithfully you are talking with him , how humbly you are trusting him.

4) Over-Emphasizing feeling

Hebrews 11:6," Without faith no one can please God. Whoever comes to God must believe that he is real and that he rewards those who sincerely try to find him."

- sometimes when you pray, you wait for a sign. May be you wait for your feeling that wants you make you believe that god is hearing .....but i want to tell you that god is living God, he can even listens to the voice of your heart
- don't wait for any sign for your heart to believe, but believe it by faith that he is listening to you and already working on it.

5) keeping track of your prayer stats

Matthew 6:7,"And when you pray, don't be like the people who don't know God. They say the same things again and again. They think that if they say it enough, their god will hear them."

- rely on holy spirit's power for praying, instead of self- reliance.
- god knows your need already, you don't need to think before you pray, instead let holy spirit lead you in praying.