Stepping Aside

Courtroom of Busan national court. 

The professor standing in the empty high auditorium leans on the railing to get a better view.

Although today is the off day for any trial, the courtroom is not empty at all. A mock court is taking place by the third year law students of Pusan Law School.

The trail was getting smooth as the students practiced several rehearsals to perform in front of strict Professor Park Chanyeol. But it doesn't save their back, as someone's phone suddenly rings with a harsh loud ringtone.

Everyone glimpses over the professor standing in the above auditorium with fear in their eyes. 

"You guys are way too artificial, it seems like I have come to watch a play here," Professor Park says in a cold voice.

                ___________________

"Baekhyun, did you take permission from me before taking the case?" Chanyeol says in a disappointed voice.

"Am I an intern anymore? And you were not found in the court office room. Is that my fault? None wanted to take the case that I volunteered," Baekhyun says while sipping tea. He works under the guidance of Professor Park which makes him always stay within his monitor. But Baekhyun doesn't dare to step outside of Chanyeol's preference, when he gets an opportunity.

"Who would take this aimless case voluntarily? There will be a lot of trials and inspections. I don't want you to handle gruesome murder cases. Step aside, I will appoint a new one," Chanyeol says,as he doesn't want Baekhyun to get triggered when he works with any murder case. Baekhyun should be away from gruesome cases as much as possible.

 Single murder case is okay,but serial killer psychopath case is big no. Baekhyun doesn't know how much of a psychopath he is in his own life. According to Chanyeol, letting a psychopath work with another psychopath will bring disaster.

Baekhyun stares at Chanyeol where Chanyeol watches shades of enraged towards him. Baekhyun definitely doesn't 

like it when Chanyeol tries to control his life.

" I will step aside from this relationship too then," Baekhyun removes his stare from Chanyeol while glimpsing over their engagement ring on his left ring finger. Baekhyun sometimes fears that the ring will become a tie around his neck day by day, enough to suffocate him.

"I will take the case instead of you. Come on , Baekhyun. Don't be arrogant. You are still a freshman. Your inexperience can be dangerous for a civilian's life."

"You didn't mean that from first," Baekhyun closes the file and pushes it on the front of the desk while getting up from chair. 

"Baekhyun, come on. You are misunderstanding me," Chanyeol holds Baekhyun's hand as Baekhyun was about to leave. The tear sparkling in Baekhyun's eyes doesn't remain unnoticed to me.

"No,I don't. Take the file and do whatever you want. I am stepping down. I don't wanna endanger any civilian's life."

"Oh God! Are we having fights in the office?" Chanyeol hugs Baekhyun suddenly. He kisses on top of Baekhyun's soft lock.

" You are fighting over things ,not me. Why you are not letting me be what I am truly is ," Baekhyun sighs. 

"Okay, but promise me after that you will not take any murder case without asking me."

"You can't bound me in this marriage like this. Do you ask me before taking any exceptional cases?" Baekhyun pushes Chanyeol  back while increasing their distance.

"I mostly do. Seriously… You never showed interest, that's why I didn't. But if you want,all is yours. You win, Baekhyun. Whatever you want,you will get," Chanyeol tries to ease the environment.

" Offshore banking list , Chanyeol," Baekhyun examines Chanyeol while uttering the words sharply.

"It's like searching for a needle in a haystack, Baekhyun. Can you please wait patiently for a few more times?" Chanyeol replies the same he is doing for 2 and half years.

               ********************

I have exam ahead,so short update.

Keep me in prayer.

Love you,guys.❤️