A Complex Equation

2 weeks after

Chanyeol takes the crying baby boy from the crib.

"Daddy has got you, woohyun. Don't cry. Let mommy sleep a bit."

Chanyeol rocks the baby in his arms. The baby becomes calm down after getting his father. Actually he is spending more time with Chanyeol than Baekhyun. The doctor has prescribed Baekhyun antidepressants which are making Baekhyun to sleep a lot.

These past days were so hard for Chanyeol. First was Mr Byun's unexpected death, then Baekhyun's terrible suicide attempt. Chanyeol couldn't think anything except Baekhyun ,he left the hope of baby.

After Baekhyun's condition gets bit stable,the hospital authority handed him a premature baby who couldn't take breath properly. It was another painful experience for Chanyeol to see his own child's laboured breathing who became almost bluish as he couldn't breathe properly.  The baby was placed in incubator. Few days ago they have replaced the baby in general ward after his condition gets stable. As Baekhyun was sick,it was Chanyeol who was taking care of the baby in NICU while  the baby was staying in incubator.

Chanyeol takes the baby in the little terrace attached to the cabin,while still rocking the baby. The baby is really adorable. His similarly with Chanyeol is getting prominent day by day. Chanyeol touches the little elf like ears.

"Woohyunie has got daddy's ear," Chanyeol talks to the baby. The baby hums like he can understand his father. Chanyeol kisses the pink cheek holding the tiny hand of Woohyun so softly.

"Daddy loves you a lot."

The baby starts to sucking his fingers while looking at his father with big eyes .

"My baby is hungry?... Just let me give few minutes to prepare your food," Chanyeol enters into the cabin. When he keeps the baby in crib to prepare the formula,but the baby starts to cry again .

"Shhh,baby..... Okay..  okay, daddy will always hold you... Don't cry," Chanyeol prepares the formula while still holding the baby in one arm.

He sits in the couch, while feeding the baby with feeder. The baby is now humming while drinking his formula ,he is comfortable in his father arms.

     "Such a good baby you are!" Chanyeol kisses on the tiny hands.

            _________________________

Baekhyun has woken up. He has already slept for long time. He needs to feed his baby . He was about to check the baby crib. But looking at Chanyeol in the couch while feeding the baby ,he sighs in relief,

"Do you want to hold him, Baek?" Chanyeol sits  on the bed beside Baekhyun. Baekhyun takes the baby from Chanyeol and silently observe the baby's feeding.

"He has got your eyes, Baek."

Baekhyun doesn't know do those eyes have any similarity with his eyes,but the baby has got mostly Chanyeol's features obviously. Baekhyun just hums in response.

       _____________________________

The middle aged visitor who requested to meet Baekhyun Keeps the large bouquet of white roses on the side table near Baekhyun's bed and beside it keeps a black card.

"Sorry for your loss,Byun Baekhyun."

Baekhyun just nods with a sad smile of grief and says,

"I hope you will attend the post funeral ceremony of my father. It's delayed because of my sickness.Hope to meet you there in this Sunday. "

"I would like to attend to show my respect to your father and my deep console to you,but everyone can't attend all public events. Your father was an amazing person. It's so pathetic that he got betrayed by several unknown person. He was so shocked when he heard they made you to suffer,as he wasn't here. He loved you a lot," the middle aged man says .

"Who are you? ..... My father lastly stayed with..." Baekhyun shutters.

"The party who undercovered your father ."

"Mafia!?," Baekhyun says timidly.....But soon he controls his  shocked expression," Thanks for helping my father."

The middle aged man smiles," Contact me anytime if you need any help.Mr Byun saved one of my brothers life from other's trapped plan once. My brother wanted us to save your father. In mafia world life saviours have  different value. My brother would like to meet you here,but you know what there's lot of trap around him. Meeting in such public place is risky. Contact us  ,and prove that it's you. Remember that the contact will pass through several lines to reach us, contact only when you are sure about what you need our help. Our family will do our best to help you. My condolences to Byun family. Stay well, Baekhyun."

The strange visitor takes leave from the cabin. He has left Baekhyun puzzled. Baekhyun gets up from the bed and takes the black card. Meanwhile Chanyeol enters with the baby in his arms.

"Baek,was there a visitor? "Chanyeol asks looking at the large bouquet.

" Yeah, an old family friend," Baekhyun hides the black card under his sleeve.

          _____________________

Baekhyun hasn't slept properly whole day. Right now he is emerged in  solving a equation in his mind.

Suddenly the baby starts crying. Baekhyun was about to get up,but Chanyeol's voice makes him stop,

"Baek, I am checking him..... Woohyunie, have you got a nightmare? It's okay, baby .Daddy's here," Chanyeol checks the baby and utters some assuring words softly to calm down the baby. Baekhyun is now observing father-child bonding. Soon, the baby falls asleep.

"Baek, do you want to keep him in your bed?" Chanyeol asks as he can see Baekhyun is looking at the baby.

"Chanyeol ,call the nurse and tell her to give me sleeping tablet. I can't sleep. I want to sleep," Baekhyun says in normal voice.

Baekhyun needs to sleep now properly to solve the complex equation that's running in his brain.

       *****************************

Hi,I am back..

Exam is running.

But  I am in cool mood... don't know why...

Comment and vote,if you like this episode.

Stay well. Keep me in your prayer. Love you,guys❤️❤️❤️