The Predicted Trial

Baekhyun drinks the second mug of coffee before attending the trial about which he doesn't have much knowledge. Baekhyun has tried to study as much as possible. All papers that were shared to him and all he could study from online and from several sources. He has to check the papers of Seoul court , where the case ran for three months.

Mr Cha Kwan Min was a strong presidential candidate about 7 years ago, but his political career ended with a scandal. He was accused of domestic abuse against his wife. He lost in the trial of divorce which made him pay a huge amount of money and mostly the huge investment he made beyond the presidential election went in vain.

Baekhyun is nervous,but embarrassed to say no to this client . Maybe Sehun has praised Baekhyun so much that they are thinking of him so highly. Baekhyun has to see the end of this no matter what.

Entering the premise Baekhyun meets the handsome man of yesterday standing near the statue of justice lady.

" Attorney Byun…," the man bows towards Baekhyun, at which Baekhyun bows back while trying to smile.

" I have checked the papers…There's a bit more things that need to be clarified… Nothing much,just a bit… Like here, Mr…," Baekhyun opens his files.

" Mr Cha's doctors and lawyers have prepared a new document. You can submit those to court. Just take a look sitting in court… It's Ok Taek Yeon…"

"I think it's not appropriate,when everything is already fixed and I am nothing here but the attorney," Baekhyun closes his file with sound and intentionally makes the sound of his boots staring at the man.

"You have a more important task to do in this case…  Will meet you inside."

            ____________________

Baekhyun was feeling so angry inside at the end of short trial. Seeming like there everything was fixed from prior. Baekhyun's suggestion or help was not even needed except Baekhyun had to stand on side of Mr Cha on court. All papers were ready ,even there were three interns to help him who carried papers from Mr Cha's personal lawyers.But his anger turns into anxiety soon a rush of photograph flashes attacks his face ,as he steps on the premise of court.

" As a public attorney, how are you gonna defend the side of Cha Kwan Min who was accused of domestic violence and was stripped of his political identity?"

" Does Mr Cha have any new statements?"

" Wasn't this case already closed? Why Mr Cha is defending with a public attorney now?"

"What's the view of opening this case again from Mr Cha?"

"What's the aim of this trail now?"

"What's the main reason behind this trial?"

"Is the case in favour of Mr Cha?"

Baekhyun doesn't answer anything,but avoids all questions thrown towards him. What's this? He really didn't understand that something like this could happen. Even the portal media didn't indicate this case is such a case of big gun. This is indeed a high profile case!

         _____________________

"Who referred the case of Mr Cha to you? Any of your superiors? Have you asked Me Cha why it has to be you to defend him?" Chanyeol asks while dragging Baekhyun inside his own office room. There's a lot of journalists waiting to take Baekhyun's interview in front of Baekhyun's room.

" No one…," Baekhyun fixes his bangs while staring at Chanyeol.

"That's impossible. He can't come to a rookie like you without any reference… An inexperienced public attorney! It doesn't make sense , especially when the client is Cha Kwan Min...," Chanyeol chuckles.

"Maybe…" Baekhyun is about to say Sehun's name,but stops," what do you mean by rookie , leave it to an inexperienced public attorney? Am I not one with a clean image among all attorneys here? I passed with the highest mark in Pusan law school. I achieved summa cum laude. Does my bar exam result mean nothing? What's wrong with me is that I am not qualified to get any complicated case. I am not so low that I can't get any case without reference."

"This is such a high profile, sensitive case. You can't tackle this one without experience. Refer the case to my section, Baekhyun. You don't have to do this," Chanyeol takes a deep breath before saying this in a soft voice to Baekhyun.

" What do you mean by that I don't have to do this? Who are you to fix what I can do or not?" Baekhyun feels his ego is hurt.

"You still have a lot of things to learn. This case Will have much influence from higher authority and also from human or women right organisations. This is not for someone like you. This is risky. Your career can be destroyed over your inexperienced steps. Okay, if you think that I am controlling you. Let's do it with a senior attorney. I can ask Kai to help you or one of my friends," Chanyeol says while rubbing his temple.

" You could say that you would be beside me to help. Which case is not risky? Why I have to pass this one to superiors so that they can take advantage from this one.This case is mine… I am not going to work under anyone. I am tired of working like slave under superiors…," Baekhyun says in stern voice.

"All you have worked mostly under me. You are making me to feel guilty now to help you unfairly beyond my ethics.The Lives of other prosecutors are way too hard than you. You are the lucky one," Chanyeol furrows his eyebrows.

"I don't want to be the lucky one to get reminded by you that I am the lucky one. Stop this… I never urged for any unfair favour from you.Do you know why? Because this is you what you are. Always you blackmail me with your own activities, you get advantage from me physically , mentally… I always wanted you to be the best in your profession. I always wants you to shine. But you wish same for me, you want me always to be inferior to you…," Baekhyun's voice trembles as he complains against Chanyeol with whatever rushes in his brain.

" You are not even qualified to a prosecutor,not alone an attorney. You can't even control your harmful meaningless emotion. You are mentally sick. You can't even identify what's rational and what's irrational. You mix your emotion of personal life in profession. This is not home to argue about our personal life…," Chanyeol says while clenching his jaw in muffled voice while pointing his index finger towards Baekhyun.

"Who's saying? You can't even differentiate what's personal and what's professional? If I am mentally sick, who is the reason behind this? All my emotions are meaningless to you!  This confession was indeed needed for me," Baekhyun clenches his first with the sharp edge of glass table of Chanyeol.

" It's better to talk with wall than to you who doesn't even try to understand what's the topic of conversation," Chanyeol sighs.

"I haven't started this conversation, Chanyeol," Baekhyun's fist become firmer on the sharp edge, he is enjoying the pain of the glass edge cutting through his palm.

"I am your superior and as your superior I am ordering you to transfer this case to anyone of higher authority. Otherwise I have the authority to suspend you for a period for not stay with the civil interest cases. Your works are not flawless. Being a public defender is not so easy," Chanyeol tears a page from random file and turns it into a trash ball , before throwing it towards bin.

" How far can you go to control my life? And you call yourself my husband or my superior or whatever, you never discuss with me where is my flaw? Is it my flaw that I am bound to you like shameless,even after what happened back? And you are threating me over just a mere case?  I wanna see how far you can go, Professor Park. Do whatever you want to do, but this is my case to defend. I will not leave it to anyone until you dare to suspend for even a second as a public attorney or as a private attorney. This trail is not only about a mere case but also about duration of our meaningless-emotionless relationship," Baekhyun declares as his blood follows a narrow way on the wooden sided portion of the table.

        *************************

Vote and comment,if you like it.❤️