Only Once

"Tired,Baek?" Chanyeol says as Baekhyun sighs looking outside the window of car.

"No... Just sleepy..."

"You have worked harder than any other day," Chanyeol chuckles reminding Baekhyun about the hot session they had in the office.

Baekhyun doesn't reply anything,but looks at his phone with anxious feeling in mind.

Sending confidential information about Chanyeol's case is making himself to walk on a thread.

It's the man who trusts him most,who still smiles when he runs knife over the flesh of his hand, who takes care of his extra work load of office, who is father of his kid, who is the man with whom he is trying to get a blessing of family and overall a perfect family man.

Stabbing at the back of such person is hard especially for Baekhyun. Baekhyun has grudge against Chanyeol for past events, but they are fading slowly. Baekhyun wish there would be some other things to do instead of this... Should he just stop? But he wants to know what actually happened back then. Will it be okay to harm Chanyeol only once? Only once?.... Just only once....

Baekhyun takes decision to harm Chanyeol once.... Only once... Just only once.

             ________________________

Next day

The moment Baekhyun standing on premise watching his defeated spouse with not an as usual smile can understand the work is done.

"Are you okay?" Baekhyun says while hiding his fear which sounds soft caring voice.

"It's unexpected. We lost," Chanyeol sighs.

Baekhyun doesn't know why he suddenly feels bit better. But he keeps a hand on shoulder of Chanyeol and says,

" I know you are the best. Sometimes luck differs."

         _______________________

"I want the informations right now."

" Let's meet. We can't leave trace of connection behind," The unknown caller says from opposite side. He has contacted Baekhyun just after the trial of Chanyeol's case has ended.

"No... Haven't I used my personal phone to send information? I have no intention of playing dirty," Baekhyun says in muffled voice clenching his jaw.

"Delete all the traces, it can backfire anytime."

"Listen if I don't get what I want, I won't care whether it backfire me or others...," Baekhyun feels like to shout.

"Write the address..."

"I can't go to Seoul right now."

"37 no selfish shop of 5C block, Busan sea port... A file will be left there. There's no CC TV, so don't try to be smarter to ask anything to anyone about it. That's just a place of random selection near you," The caller cuts the phone from opposite side.

               ____________________

Two days later

Baekhyun had hardly any sleep for two nights. He can't believe the accusation that was beyond his father was kind of true.

His father's ledger of money laundering is making Baekhyun nervous. If this was ever presented near the court, he would never be able to address himself as a member of Byun family.

He is ashamed of himself right now. He is ashamed of what happened behind. He will leave everything behind and will start everything from first.

Baekhyun tears every pages of the ledger and flushes them on the toilet.

            ________________________

Chanyeol furrows his eyebrows looking at the letter from mental asylum. Who sends letter nowadays? Although it's seeming like a lovely and caring letter from someone who has a huge crush on him. But Chanyeol can imagine a scenario of a boy who has bangs over forehead like Baekhyun. He has a lot similarity with Baekhyun's body and face. But his eyes are sharper like blade and calm. Chanyeol can understand while writing this letter he couldn't control his body smile.

"Brother is back and you didn't send me the news. I had to know it from newspaper where business magnet Oh Sehun has stated about you and your sweet spouse. Have you forgotten me getting your sweet spouse? Will you reach to me or do I have to reach you? Can't wait to meet you again on the white room of meeting. Want to hold your hand again, just like you hold my hand while leaving me here for better treatment. I am getting better.... for you.                                   

                                  - Kim Taehyung

              ************************

Long time no see. I am having hard times,dear.

Vote and comment, if you like this story.

Love you,guys.❤️