41.

Tommy decided to let Bella and Charlie sleep in.

With the help of Johnny, they got the horse and the caravan packed and on the road before the sun was fully up. They'd be arriving at their destination before lunch time.

He smoked a cigarette as the sun started to rise, Johnny had control of the reins and Tommy looked behind him to see the two still peacefully sleeping.

Watching as Charlie squirmed a little, but didn't make it very far before Bella subconsciously wrapped her arm around him pulling him closer to her body.

She was one of the few people he trusts with his son.
It was easy to tell how much she cares for him. Tommy didn't know if she had much experience with taking care of children in her past, but by the way she takes care of Charlie it looks like it came naturally.

She would make a good mother, he thought.

"She's a good woman, Tom." Johnny stated breaking him out of his daze not realizing how long he was looking at her

Blowing out the smoke he was holding in, he agreed looking forward. "She is."

"Takes good care of that boy"

"That she does, Johnny" Tommy said agreeing with him again, then the two were quiet as they carried on their journey.

*****

It was the small bumps in the road that woke her up.

Her eyelids fluttered open to see Charlie wasn't next to her anymore.
This caused the tiredness to immediately leave her body as she sat up in search for the smallest Shelby.

Feeling her heartbeat show down once she looked to the front of the caravan to see him sitting in his fathers lap. And his father looking back at her with a smirk.

"Mornin' Peach"

Letting out a breath of relief  "mornin'" then Charlie let out a little whine, reaching his tiny arms out for her, to which she sat up on her knees to pull him back into her lap "and good morning to you too, sweet boy."

She looked back up when she heard Tommy tsk. Giving him a small smile, "what? Jealous are you, Mr. Shelby?"

Johnny let out a laugh at her comment "think he is, Bell"

Tommy rolled his eyes and flicked him on the back of the head "eyes on the road"

Bella giggled and with Charlie still in her arms, stood on her knees to lean in and give Tommy a proper kiss on his cheek "mornin', Tommy"

He eyed her and a small smirk came onto his face.

It was then that Bella took in their surroundings. Great big, green fields and a body of water all around them.

"Did we make it to Wales?!" She asked excitedly, not fully believing she slept through the trip

Tommy nodded in confirmation, "we did. Meeting someone just 'round the corner"

"It's beautiful here." She told him

He held his gaze on her. Her hair a little messy from sleep. He wondered if she cut it, if it wouldn't be as messy. But he hoped she never did, he loves her long wild hair. Her grey eyes were bright this morning, fill with wonder and admiration as she looked around them, then down at Charlie, who giggled as Bella bounced him in her lap.