Elavator(because the author sucks at titles)

Janus and Roman weren't exactly sure why they hated each other so much. They'd known each other since high school, and hung out together because of mutual friends. Perhaps it was the first impression. They hadn't had much time to actually bond, and Janus just kept pushing Roman away, he just wouldn't stop talking.

Maybe it was just because they hadn't hit it off, there just wasn't a lot in common between them. Well, that they knew of. They never had that raw friendship moment, of realization where you just know that person is your bestie. They weren't vulnerable in front of each other, and they were very competitive for no reason.

Janus just pegged Roman as annoying and loud from the start, and Roman pegged Janus as secretive and snarky.

So, they had a mutual hate for each other, and got really annoyed in each other's presence. One day, after an argument, they realized they'd both be late for a job interview if they didn't hurry up and get there. They were fresh out if college, and looking for a job.

They both ran inside of the mall that they were trying to get a part time job at. They were soaking wet because of the storm brewing outside the mall, and Janus sipped the last of his coke, before throwing the cup in the trashcan

nearby the elevator he hopped into with Roman.

When they both got inside, they reached for the same floor number, their hands touching briefly before they both pulled away quickly, stuttering and scoffing, quickly rambling on about who should press the button.

Soon enough, Roman just pressed it, and the elevator started to go.

They stood in awkward silence for a while, still a little salty from their previous argument, before Janus asked, "Don't tell me you're trying to get a job working for hot topic by any chance?"

"Oh my god" Roman groaned, "everywhere I go I can't escape you!"

"Hey!-" Janus began as the elevator quickly made a loud noise, lights going out, as they fell over.

"Ugh-get off of me!" Janus groaned, shoving Roman away, "good thing I have my gloves on, or else I would've had to make skin contact with you."

"You're just jealous because my skin's flawless-" Roman began before catching himself-even he knew the lines he could and couldn't cross. Mentioning anything about Janus' skin was surely a huge no-no.

Another reason Janus hated Roman. He was indignant and proud, always thinking he was better than everyone.

"Oh-sorry, Janus, I-"

"No, no, it's fine" Janus said, and they both sat awkwardly for a moment before Janus said, "oh-we were so busy arguing we forgot about the elevator" he chuckled quietly.

"Wha-Oh! Oh yeah-i'm going to press the emergency button" Roman said, getting up.

"Yep. You do that." Janus said, hoping dearly that they wouldn't be in there for long..and for more reasons than one.

'Yeah, the whole building lost power-you might be in there for a while. There's a huge hurricane going on outside' Janus heard the man over the elevator's speaker say.

Janus sighed, sitting himself in a corner, putting a hand at his cheek. "Well, I suppose we'll be here for a while" Janus said.

"Yep." Roman said, plopping down across from Janus.

"You're not going to like, beat me up or anything, right?" Janus joked as he caught Roman staring at him.

"Do you seriously think i'm that bad?" Roman asked.

"I don't know, I feel like if I offend you even in the slightest, you'll rip the button panel off of the elevator and smash me over the head with it. You just seem like the type" he smirked.