Royal

Roman waved, blowing kisses out to the crowd, which was screaming his praises, cheering for him, telling him how much they adored him-he was very respected by his people, both for putting wonderful, helpful initiatives in place, doing honorable things, protecting the citizens-he was the prince who everyone wished they had, and they were very grateful that he would one day become king.

He had just gotten back home from slaying a beast, and wore its skin on his back as a sign that he had won. Everybody was gathered around the town square, anxiously waiting for his return.

As they saw him raise his bloody sword into the sky, the crowd had erupted into cheers. The skin of the creature was furry, and soft. It was huge, and looked very heavy on Roman.

"Madam" Roman said, putting his sword in his sheath, grabbing a woman's hand, and giving it a gentle kiss as he walked by, promptly causing her to faint in her sister's arms.

Roman loved that effect he had on people, even though he was, you know, very gay.

Roman got back to his castle, the beast gave him quite a fight, he'd been away from home for days. "If you will, deliver this to my father" Roman said, handing off his 'trophy' to one of his servants.

"Right away, my prince" his servant replied.

When he got to his room, the lights were dimmed, his bed was made, all of his laundry was folded, and he had a glass filled with water by his bedside. He sighed, laying in his bed.

He was sure his father wouldn't mind him not seeing him upon his return-his father was probably too busy for him anyways.

He laid down, and promptly fell asleep.

--------------------

"King Thomas, listen to me! If we joined together-we could be so powerful! Nobody could stop us! We could form an alliance, and trust me, we would be very powerful allies! With the respect you and your son have gained, it would be-"

"Janus. You don't know what you're talking about" Thomas said, "you're a fairly young, fairly new king, barely three years, you don't know what you're talking about. I'm old, and experienced, and my son will not be taking part in whatever twisted plan you have."

"Thomas, you don't understand, this will be great! Imagine the power we'd have, we would rule!!"

"I don't need power. What would I do with power? Make my citizens afraid? I need respect, not fear, in my kingdom" Thomas scoffed, "you need to form smaller alliances before the big ones. People will be more likely to agree with you if you're experienced, instead of throwing tantrums."

"Citizens? Please, peasants perhaps? And Thomas, you're being dramatic, please-"

"That will be final, king Janus. I've heard plenty about you. You're-you're twisted, and manipulative. You will not fool me. Thank you for visiting, but I think you've overstayed your welcome" Thomas pointed to the door, "I would prefer if I didn't need to get my guards to escort you out. "

Janus glared, slamming the door as he stomped off. He ran a stressed hand through his hair, "how can I get him to agree with me? I need his respect..maybe I just need him to say he respects me..but how?" He asked.

And then he had an idea. A terrible, horrible idea. It was in fact, twisted, just horrible enough to make a wicked smile spread across his lips.

He chuckled, getting the attention of a nearby maid, "lead me to Prince Roman's corridors."

"May I inquire why?" The young lady asked, looking a little suspicious. His smile looked evil.

Though that smile went away, and was replaced with a frown, his eyes shifting into an angry glare, "are you, a peasant maid, questioning I, a king of high royal status?" He questioned slowly, venom lacing his tone.