Too Shy to Admit

Virgil sighed, grabbing his lemonade and taking a nervous sip. It seemed that his glass refilled each time it was just half-way gone. And it did-thanks to Patton, who wanted to make sure he was hydrated-it was a hot day, and they were out having a picnic.

They'd been out for a few hours, and he was tired. Not physically, but mentally. So much social interaction..

Their picnic went on for a long while, and when it was finished they decided they were going to continue with the activities, and have a day out. ...Well, Patton decided that-everyone else just went along with it.

So, they packed up, hauled everyone into the car, and got driving.

"So, what are we even going to do?" Virgil asked, disinterested.

"Oh, don't be such a Debbie downer! This is going to be fun!" Roman exclaimed.

Virgil rolled his eyes, "whats so fun about walking around outside in the heat, window shopping for things that are 5000 dollars higher than your paycheck will ever be?"

"Perhaps it wouldn't be so hot if you'd take your hoodie off?" Logan inquired, examining the thick jacket.

Virgil scoffed-though it was more playful than upset-rolling his eyes and looking out the window.

"Oh, storm cloud, we're only teasing, no need to be so moody and bratty on this glorious day!" Roman smiled.

Virgil smirked, "funny, you're usually the one being bratty."

Roman gasped, "well I NEVER-"

Virgil leaned across the seat, and whispered in his deep, low voice, "Bratty in bed, at least.."

And all Roman could do was blush, hoping that nobody had heard that. He honestly didn't know how Virgil could switch from shy and anxious, to sarcastic and brooding, to downright the most confident person on earth.

"I'm also bratty in bed!" Remus explained with a twisted smile, "tell em' Logan!"

And all Logan could do was spit his coffee across the car, and yell, "Remus!" To which everyone chuckled at.

"Noe kiddo, there's nothing to he embarrassed about! Everyone gets bratty in bed at some time!" Patton smiled, wriggling his eyebrows at Janus, who just hid his face.

Before Janus could retaliate, Patton suddenly exclaimed, "we're here!!" And that seemed to be the last of that conversation as they all hopped out of the car.

The sudden shift in gravity from sitting down to standing up made Virgil very aware of a little problem, though. He didn't want to accept it. But he knew it would happen-he had to pee. He cursed himself, knowing he shouldn't have drank all of that lemonade.

He blushed, hoping it wouldn't get bad enough that he'd have to admit his need..especially not in front of the whole friend group, and especially not out in public. Besides, he couldn't ask at that moment! They'd just got there...he didn't want to ruin anything..

In the midst of panicking, he was pulled out of his thoughts by Roman, who asked, "what are you getting all blushy for?"

Virgil smirked and said, "oh, a cute guy walked by."

"Was it me?" Roman asked.

"No, you're not cute, you're sexy.."

"Damn Virge, smooth af" Logan smirked.

"..I would be okay with that if literally anybody said that except for you." Virgil sighed.

"Let's just go in before I cry" Janus sighed, beginning to walk into the first store.