Toxic

They had a confusing relationship to say the very least. Patton and Janus had completely different opinions of each other.

Janus was manipulative and coy, he loved to mess with Patton, twist words and make him upset. And Patton, through all of this somehow still considered Janus as a friend, which was beyond Virgil's comprehension.

It must have been the way Janus told lies to cover himself up, and then moved on from the situation, not caring about Patton's feelings or trying to make things better.

He just let Patton forget about it until Janus decided to use it against him in the future, and twist the details of what happened ever so slightly to either embarrass or upset Patton.

Virgil and Logan had told him time and time again that Janus was a dangerous, good for nothing, toxic friend who quite frankly, needed some help.

But then they had friends like Roman who were flattered by the sarcastic compliments that Janus would shower him with, he made them seem genuine, while when his back was turned he'd roll his eyes and gossip about Roman quite literally, behind his back.

Patton always felt like if Janus was upset, it was his fault, and that he would have to fix it. Hence, the sleepover he planned for them. However, upon the news that they were going to be having an 'emergency friendship sleepover' Janus was blessed with an idea.

So of course, for the sale of a little bit of fun, welcomed Patton kindly into his home for the activity they were taking part in.

--------------------

"Patton, i'm telling you, this is a terrible idea! You know how much he's hurt you in the past, i'm sorry to say it, but you're really easy to manipulate!" Virgil pleaded, trying to change Patton's mind as he packed.

"I dunno Virge, maybe this time will be different, maybe he just a needs a friend?" Patton questioned.

"Patton, this stuff just flies right over your head, and every time you say it'll be different, and every time you come back crying! And he doesn't need or want a friend, but what he does need is someone to manipulate and lie to, and in his eyes you're the perfect candidate! He'll keep forcing you to come crawling back to him! You'll never escape if you keep-"

"Virgil! You're overthinking again. Stay calm, everything. Will be. Okay." Patton said, trying to convince Virgil that he could handle himself.

"Patton, I'm sorry, no, I just-I so severely doubt that he's going to change. For the better, at least! He's literally like a snake! He even hisses like one-"

Patton listened to Virgil's anxieties for the next half hour as he got ready to leave, and when it was finally that time he gave his kiddo a hug goodbye, before Virgil was calling after him, "don't leave me in your house alone that's so awkward-"

"Oh yeah!" Patton giggled, "i'm dropping you off at Roman's I almost forgot!"

"So anyways, Janus told me his parents aren't going to be home" Patton said as he started up the car.

And that opened up an even huger can of worms for Virgil to get worked up about.

--------------------

"Hello Patton" Janus smirked as he opened the door after Patton had rung it. Patton had long since dropped Virgil off, and was kind of nervously anticipating the night. Virgil's worrying kind of got to him..just a little bit...

"Hello, Jan! So, are you babysitting your sister tonight?" Patton questioned, earning a nod from Janus, "I left her on the counter to answer the door-"

"What?!" Patton exclaimed, hurrying into the kitchen, taking the little girl off of the counter, "Janus! How do your parents trust you with her?!? Oh my goodness!"