Chapter 1 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"I don't have much to offer, but I promise you can have the best of me." — The Best Of Me, 2014

Word count: 1778

THERE was a long table with delicious-looking food.

It was large, stretching out long with eight chairs. I couldn't smell or hear anything but I imagined there were other people in the room. The person whose eyes I was looking through turned to a black door as if they were waiting for someone.

And then, just like that, it vanished.

I was back in my bathroom, my hand clutching the towel wrapped around my body tightly. My thoughts were traveling at a million miles an hour. I had just looked through my soul mate's eyes. Well, one of their eyes.

Gulping, I let out a shaky breath, staring at my frightened expression in the mirror. My emerald green eyes were wide with shock.

That was the first time the soul mate phenomena had been triggered since the tattoo's appeared on my wrists. It meant that somebody was ready for the other.

I knew I certainly wasn't. I was in a happy relationship with my long-term boyfriend, Liam. I had just started to relax, believing I'd never meet my soul mates.

Tying my sandy blonde hair in a messy, wet bun, I grabbed my concealer and started rubbing it onto my wrists, vigorously.

My heart was pumping painfully in my chest, portraying the mixed emotions I was feeling.

Liam could not find out about this.

Finding your soul mate could be difficult. They could literally live on the other side of the world. I prayed that was the case for me and my soul mates—hopefully, we'd never see each other. I could probably live with the visions as long as I never knew who my soul mate was.