Chapter 30 - Taehyung

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"I don't know what I think we are. I just know that I like the fact that there's a 'we' for us to talk about." — This Is Us, 2016-2022

Word count: 1676

I was sitting next to Alice

I was sitting next to Alice. My hands were interlaced with hers. She was in close proximity.

This felt almost too good to be true.

When she stepped through the kitchen door, I was in complete awe. She was even more gorgeous than I could imagine. I wanted to worship every part of her—the flaws and all.

Glancing at my soul mate's profile, I greedily took in her golden locks and pale skin.

I had come across many beautiful people in my time but none more beautiful than her. She topped them all.

To top it off, I was worried there would be a language barrier between us. I wasn't like Namjoon, English was hard to learn. Originally, we started learning for our fans and overseas interviews. But two years ago, I started to lose the motivation to learn. It physically hurt my head. But when the soul mark popped up on my wrist, my determination returned with a kick. Perhaps my soul knew Alice spoke English and wanted to help me prepare.

As for her aura, I liked to think I was good at knowing what a person was like based on their little ticks. She felt welcoming and warm.

I did notice the glints of sadness in her eyes. I'm sure the others noted it too. I could tell she was extremely happy to meet us, albeit nervous but who wasn't? Anna had told us she broke up with her long-term boyfriend recently. I could sense the waves of guilt that poured out of her.

I wanted to say I felt no anger or jealousy but that would be a humongous lie. When Jimin first mentioned her with someone else, it ignited an inferno inside of me. And then, Anna told us a little bit about Liam. We didn't know the details but I had a distinct feeling she loved him. I couldn't blame her—it wasn't like we were saints—but it still felt like a barbed wire had been shoved down my throat.