Chapter 81 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"We live and we die by time, and we must not commit the sin of turning our back on time." -  Cast Away, 2000

Word count: 1632

TWO days later, after unpacking my things with the boys, I was heading out with Namjoon and Jungkook to a local cafe

TWO days later, after unpacking my things with the boys, I was heading out with Namjoon and Jungkook to a local cafe. I wanted to explore parts of Seoul to familiarise myself. The boys, however, said we should start small.

I was already scanning the internet for jobs. While I admired their jobs and how much they got paid, I wanted to have my own money that I earned. I always wanted to contribute to things like food or rent. There had to be a compromise.

So far, I have applied to a few jobs in the area. They all seemed promising but were also sought after by a lot of people. I tried not to get my hopes up about it.

Jungkook held the door open for me. I bowed slightly—which was a custom people did here—and brushed past him. Namjoon did the same and scanned the room, almost nervously.

When whatever he was looking for wasn't there, his shoulders sagged in relief. He guided me to the till where I ordered a cup of tea with a small, cute muffin. The boys copied my order and found a table in the corner for us.

Interested in the people in the cafe, I watched them. There was a couple with an adorable baby who was reading a book together. I also spotted a young girl hunched over the table, typing away speedily on her laptop. An old man was reading a newspaper with his glasses perched on the tip of his nose.

Everyone was in their own world, happy. I smiled to myself at that.

Lifting the mug to my lips, I took a generous sip of my tea and instantly fell in love. "This is divine."

Namjoon chuckled at me whilst Jungkook leaned his elbow on the table and stared at my side profile.

"Joonie?" An unfamiliar female voice asked from behind me. The voice captured his attention immediately. I watched as his eyes grew large with...panic? Curious and alarmed, I glanced behind me to find a beautiful Korean woman with long, wavy black hair and dazzling dark eyes. She was tall—taller than me and skinny. She looked like she could be a model.