Chapter 78 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything is... 42." - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, 2005

Word count: 2037

THE time had come for me to take us to Massacheuttes—my home state

We all piled into a large van with our belongings. Because I had so much stuff to bring with me, I had asked my Aunt to kindly travel to Massacheuttes with the rest of my things. She accepted with hesitation, wanting to send me off.

All of the paperwork came through without any hassle. I handed my keys to my landlord earlier today and said goodbye to Washington. It felt strange moving away with my soul mates but exciting.

The boys were currently singing Ariana Grande songs in the car, cheerful expressions on their faces. They still had no clue about where we were going. The hotel we booked was only ten minutes away from the place I wanted to take them which was handy.

For hours, we all sat in the car. At one point, I ended up dozing off. I woke up when we stopped at a gas station where Jin and Namjoon switched seats. They both decided that since it was a long drive, they would take turns in the driving seat.

After another hour, we were cruising down familiar streets to me—streets I used to drive along when I was learning how to drive. We passed diners I went to with my old cheer friends and Liam.

At one point, I even passed Liam's house. I perked up as I saw it, reminiscing on old memories. I wondered how he was getting on now. We hadn't spoken since our talk in the cafe seven months ago.

We didn't pass my house, to my relief. I might have broken down crying if I had seen it.

Eventually, we rolled up to the hotel basement. We all flew out of the car and stretched our tense muscles. The boys all threw on their masks and grabbed their bags. Just as I was about to grab my tiny suitcase, Jungkook beat me to it.