Chapter 26 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count:  1585

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?"  — Brave, 2012

A message had been sent. From Soul Finder. And I didn't open it.

After shutting my phone off due to the notification, I watched crappy TV until Anna returned home. She stumbled into her flat with two paper bags full of groceries.

Following her into the kitchen, I watched her take out a bunch of baking food.

Noticing what my eyes were on, she grinned brightly. "I'm going to make you a chocolate cake!" She announced, clapping giddily.

Her happiness was so contagious, I couldn't help but smile too.

My worries about the message were pushed to the side again and I used her as a means to feel less bad. Was that the healthiest thing to do? Probably not but here we are.

"Well, I definitely can't say no to that. Do you mind if I help you?" I asked, rolling up my sleeves. Baking would take my mind off things.

"Of course. We're going to be making it from scratch because I hate the thought of cheating my way through it." She explained, grabbing the materials needed.

Anna threw on a playlist and began playing a mash of pop music that I knew. Dancing in a silly manner, we prepared the mixture, occasionally messing around. At one point, Anna thought it would be funny to throw a handful of flour at me. Screeching in horror, I paused what I was doing and stared at her in disbelief.

"You did not just throw flour at me," I deadpanned, shocked that she had but also finding it hilarious.

Shrugging her shoulders, she sent me an innocent look. "I might have."