Chapter 7 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"You said you'd always be there for me, but you're not." — The Lion King, 1994 

Word count: 1985

AS I promised, I went to the cheer society and managed to sign up

AS I promised, I went to the cheer society and managed to sign up. They asked me to return tomorrow and show them what I could do.

I should have felt happy I was back doing a sport I loved but I couldn't find it in me to even care.

Cheerleading felt like a lifetime ago. It was before the pandemic, before the tattoos and soul gifts. I was a different person than who was head over heels in love with Liam.

In all honesty, I really didn't want to go back to it. But Liam wanted me too—he was convinced it would help me. I couldn't say no to him, not when I was already lying to him so much so of course, I said I'd join.

I had been lying for so long—keeping up a facade—that it felt normal to do it. I could plaster a smile on him and pretend to be excited.

That night, Liam said he had caught up on all of his work and wanted to take me out on a date. We hadn't gone out as a couple in so long—too long.

So, I pecked him on the cheek, ignored the terrible feelings fluttering in my stomach, and changed into a pretty black dress.

I applied a smudge of make-up, opting for a casual but presentable look.

My green eyes popped with the black eye shadow and my contour accentuated my cheeks.

When I stepped into the lounge, Liam was watching Judge Judy—one of his favorite shows. He perked up at the sound of my heels and grinned.

"Gorgeous," He purred, bringing me in for a kiss.

I forced myself to relax in his arms and kiss him back. I could do this. 

It turned out Liam had booked ahead at a fancy restaurant. His parents had a lot of money that they gave to him every few months. We usually spent most of it on rent and food but since we hadn't gone out anywhere in a while, we had enough to dine in a luxurious and highly respectable place.