Chapter 20 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"She's gone. She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen." — Say Anything, 1989

Word count: 1635

I'D be lying if I could say once I left the cafe, I marched back home, prepared to talk to Liam

The truth was, I was still terrified.

This was me basically ending a four-year relationship with the only man I ever loved. In all honesty, I still couldn't believe my life had done such a flip. One week ago, I was dead set on not changing my mind. Yet, here I am, with trembling hands and a stuttering heart, waiting for Liam to come home.

My plan was to choose when I told him based on his mood. If he was too tired—which he often was—then I'd wait.

But I couldn't put it off for longer than a week. Not when the app had been introduced. What if my soul mates had already set up an account?

Nerves had taken hold of me. Just as I was setting down our dinner, the door to our apartment opened. Freezing, I waited with bated breath as Liam glided around our small flat. That was something else I'd have to figure out.

Once we had broken up, I'd have nowhere to live. This place was in Liam's name. I knew that Anna had a small apartment that she shared with this other girl. I wondered if she'd mind me crashing for a short amount of time.

Liam's handsome face popped around the corner. He managed a small, tired smile. I could practically feel his stress from where I was standing.

"Hey, babe," He greeted, yawning. "I think I'm going to have a nap for a bit. Do you mind leaving my food on the side?"

"Of course, I can," I quipped back, plastering a perfect smile on my face. He thanked me and left, presumably heading to our bedroom.

When I heard the door close, I slumped against the counter, my energy draining. No matter how hard I tried to ignore it, disappointment settled in my stomach. A big part of me really did want to tell him the truth.