Chapter 56 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?" What A Girl Wants, 2003

Word count: 2674

THE Halloween party Anna insisted on us attending was packed

THE Halloween party Anna insisted on us attending was packed. Everyone was dressed in different outfits—from the basic ones like angels and devils to the outrageous ones. I had seen a traffic cone, a cookie costume, and a full-on T-rex outfit.

I was dressed in a simple Cher from Clueless whilst Anna was Dionne. Anna had found the two costumes on sale a few days ago and persuaded me to buy one. We looked cute but my heart really wasn't into this party. I was quite tired from my movie marathon with my soul mates. All I wanted to do was curl up on their couch and enjoy a quiet night in.

In such a short time, they had weaseled themselves into my life. It had only been a few hours since I last saw them but I missed them so much.

In true Anna fashion, she had insisted on playing beer pong. She could see I was uncomfortable. I felt bad for being so moody about this—she wanted a distraction from Spring.

It made me wonder if Spring would be here. This party was the biggest one on campus and was being hosted by Chelsea's sorority.

A man with blue eyes passed by me, purposefully brushing himself against me. Angrily, I threw him a dirty look. He got the message thankfully and quickly moved on to the next poor girl.

"So, you're the chicks from Clueless?" A random girl who was flirting with Anna asked, never taking her eyes off my friend. Awkwardly, I nodded my head and pinched my lips together.

"Yeah, it's not very original is it?" Anna replied, apparently clueless to her flirty conversation.

I eyed the room, praying I didn't spot my ex-boyfriend and ex-best friend. The last thing I needed was another showdown with them. After what happened the other day, I couldn't handle facing them yet. I was still coming to terms with what Ara had said to me.