Chapter 36 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."  — Casablanca, 1942

Word count: 3043

"OH my god, he's already on his way

"OH my god, he's already on his way. I'm nowhere near ready!" I yelled as I frantically rushed around Anna's apartment, putting my earrings into my ears.

Anna sat on the couch with a bowl of cereal, watching me fuss around like a crazy person.

"Alice, you're already ready. I don't know why you're freaking out. You look stunning." She stated, flippantly.

Pausing, I placed a hand on my jerked hip and raised an eyebrow at her. "No, I'm not! I haven't applied my lipstick or mascara yet! Plus, I can't find my sandals!"

I didn't see Anna roll her eyes since I was leaving the room but I knew she had. I knew she thought I was being dramatic but this was my first date with a new person in years! I had only ever gone on two other first dates. One with a guy called Albert who had braces and a habit of spitting when he spoke and Liam. I wanted this to go right.

Last night, I spent most of the night tossing and turning, worried I would say or do the wrong thing.

"Are you referring to those cute baby pink sandals with a slight wedge?"

"Those are the ones!"

"Ah, they're in my room." She replied whilst I paused.

"What? Why are they in your room?" I queried, puzzled.

She chuckled nervously, "Um, well, I wore them the other day. I thought they were really cute."

"Oh, right," I said, not at all mad that she took them. Why would I be? They were just sandals. Anna was letting me live in her apartment. I also trusted her not to break or lose them.