Chapter 89 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day..." - The Notebook, 2004

Word count: 1605

AE-RI had leaked my identity to the world

AE-RI had leaked my identity to the world. It was Ae-Ri, Jin's ex-girlfriend.

When Namjoon told me, I wasn't surprised. I should have expected it from her. She was so angry at me.

I wondered how Jin was handling this piece of news. I was upset but also, surprisingly, calm. It had already happened.

The boys were concerned about my reaction. I had nodded my head and not said a word. Jimin hugged me tightly that night, afraid I might explode or break down.

When I woke up the following morning—later than usual—I entered the kitchen to find that Namjoon and Yoongi were missing. I frowned as I sat down and turned to Hobi, questioningly.

"Where are—"

Big Hit," He interrupted me, softly. "They have, um, gone to talk to Manager Jon."

Normally, I'd be working but since the revelation, I have taken time off. It was at the insistence of Manager Jon.

"Oh," Was all I could say, blinking.

"Darling," Tae's humming voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "Talk to us. How are you feeling?"

His eyes were glittering with worry. I scanned my other soul mates and saw they all had the same reactions. Jin, who could barely look at me yesterday, had the same glint in his eyes.

I sighed and stared down at my porridge. Jin had managed to sway me on porridge—I used to hate eating it—but he somehow made it so that it tasted nice. To this day, I still have no idea how he did that.

"I—I'm just overwhelmed, I guess," I told them, unsure of how to word my feelings.

Jimin smiled encouragingly. "We're just worried about you, doll. You haven't really spoken about it."

What Ae-Ri did was horrible. I tried to understand where she was coming from. She clearly needed therapy. A part of me was furious with her but there was also a part that just felt sorry for her.

She struck me as the type of person that hated pity.

"I'm mad at her," I started to open up. They were all hanging off my every word,