Chapter 16 - Namjoon

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"You are a product of who came before you, the legacy of your family." — Shang Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings, 2021 

Word count: 2071

A week had passed since we arrived in America

A week had passed since we arrived in America. It had been a week full of nerves and anticipation.

We had no luck in locating our soul mate. To be honest, we weren't even sure if she was in America. Each of us had experienced our soul gifts at different times in the day but none of them gave us any clue as to where our soul mate was. We didn't even know her name.

Nonetheless, most of us were excited about being in America. We managed to keep a low profile by staying in our rented house. The maknae's enjoyed living like Americans.

Jin and I had been convening and asking our brothers if their soul gifts had given anything away. They all said no with disappointment.

Taehyung was the only one who hadn't experienced his soul gift again. He dreamed but it was the same dream—a memory. It saddened him. He started to worry that he had lost his gift somehow.

Today I took Taehyung to a local cafe. We both dressed up in a disguise and wandered to a small table. He looked healthier—there were no bags under his eyes—but his brown orbs held sadness.

"Do you think I'll see her face?" He asked in a quiet voice. "Because if I could, then it'd help us so much. So far, we have no idea what she looks like, where she lives, or how old she is. Nothing."

His usual casual smile on his face was not present. He was scared.

"Jin said the soul gifts are to help connect us to our soul mate. But I think they're also to help us find her." I theorized. "And so, I think our gifts will bring her to us."

He flickered his eyes back up to me, "I hope you're right, hyung. I hate waiting."

My lips quirked up into a smile, "Me too."