Chapter 4 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Promise not to watch me go beyond the corner. Just drive away and leave me as I leave you." — Roman Holiday, 1953 

Word count: 2321

"GIRL, you are the luckiest woman alive," Anna exclaimed, practically fanning herself

"GIRL, you are the luckiest woman alive," Anna exclaimed, practically fanning herself. "Seven soul mates? Wow, just wow. You're such a lucky bitch."

My eyes widened at her words. I was not expecting that from her. I thought she'd be on my side. She knew how dedicated I was to Liam.

"Anna, remember I have a boyfriend!" I waved in her face, snapping her back to reality. "A boyfriend I've loved for years. A boyfriend who is good to me."

She pouted, slumping her shoulders. "I'm sorry, I'm just...having multiple soul mates isn't that common. Especially seven. Do you have any idea who they are? Are they all boys or girls? How long have you had the soul mark?"

The words rushed out of her lips so quickly that I didn't have time to process all of them. I was so thankful it was loud in the cafeteria today otherwise the people at the tables near us would hear everything she said.

My secret could not come out.

"I—" My voice got caught in my throat. "You're not judging me harshly, are you?"

That seemed to stop her shocked thoughts because her eyes enlarged. "What? No! Of course not! How can I judge something that's not up to you? I don't control who is fated to who. I'm not the one who tethers souls together. You have done nothing wrong, Alice. I'm never going to judge you, whether you do or don't accept them."

Her words were a great relief to me. She was the only one who knew the truth. To know she was on my side and wasn't thinking of me negatively was a relief.

I felt bad for not telling my best friend, Ara. She had no idea about my soul mates. She was the closest person to me other than Liam and having her think I'm a freak would be an arrow to the heart.