Chapter 61 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It's how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." - Rocky, 1977

Word count: 1418

THE boys had left for Korea earlier today

THE boys had left for Korea earlier today. A full week had flown by since my revelation and every moment I spent with them felt like a countdown.

The maknae's were less talented at hiding their sadness, especially when I was alone with them. We knew this wasn't permanent however, I was still working out how to get to Korea. I had a meeting with Princeton tomorrow after I discovered they have an exchange program. I wasn't sure how likely it would be for me to get onto it so late in the year, but I was praying that if I pulled the soul mate card, it might help.

When I said goodbye to them in a private section of the airport, tears were exchanged. It finally hit me that they were going to be in another country from me. Indefinitely.

I despised the thought of being parted from them.

But I really couldn't leave yet. I had errands to run—finances to work out. I had no idea how I was going to afford a flight to Korea, let alone any of the extra charges. Plus, I had to work out a visa. There was so much to do. It was making my head ache just thinking about it.

I knew the boys wanted to offer their help financially, but I hated the thought of that.

I was weeping. They were crying. We were all a mess.

Watching their flight take off was agony. I felt like my heart had been torn from my chest and had been placed on the plane.

When I returned to Anna's flat, I felt empty. She hugged me as soon as she spotted me and together, we sat in front of the television and watched terrible rom-coms. It was like I was going through a breakup. In all honesty, it felt like I was.