Chapter 13 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends." — Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, 2001

Word count: 2643

THE following day flew by

It was already seven o'clock and Anna and Ara were walking into my apartment with their bags full of make-up and accessories. These girls loved to dress up, even more than I. I knew that if I didn't put a lot of effort into my outfit, they would.

Thirty minutes before they arrived, Liam left for the university library. I knew he'd be there for a few hours whilst we got ready. It made me feel guilty for going out whilst he had to study. He barely had any fun anymore.

Guilt. It was starting to become an old friend of mine.

Ara put on a girl's playlist and was humming to the song whilst swaying her curvy body. She was a gorgeous woman with curves in all of the right places. When I first met her, I was intimidated.

She attracted attention left, right, and center. I knew that people often asked her out and she always denied them. She was a free spirit who liked having fun. 

"What do you think?" Ara asked, shifting her body so we could see her appearance. She had finished her make-up quickly and had slipped the red dress on her luscious body. It was longer than her usual outfits but it hugged her in all the right places. She was going to be the center of attention tonight. Men and women were going to be flocking around her.

"Like a goddess," Anna blurted out, eyeing Ara from head to toe. I agreed with her and turned back to my mirror. The smokey purple eyeshadow I had applied made my emerald green eyes pop.

"Why thanks," Ara winked at Anna, making her blush slightly.

Anna and I quickly finished up our makeup since Ara was complaining about us taking too long. I brushed my wavy hair, letting it fall down in waves. Liam always used to say I had the best hair. I never had to do anything to it.