Chapter 8 - Seokjin

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"It's too easy to be myself with you," — Twilight, 2008

Word count: 1813

WE had done everything Manager Jon asked of us and so we were now free for a few months

WE had done everything Manager Jon asked of us and so we were now free for a few months. It felt almost surreal to have nothing planned.

For the past couple of years, we were always busy.

My brothers had started to experience their soul bonds and I had to admit I was jealous they got to. I wanted to feel our soul mate, to see what they saw, smell what they smelt.

When we first discovered the same initials on our wrists, we thought it was just a coincidence.

But as time progressed and scientists investigated the phenomenon further, they discovered a polyamorous bond where a group of friends or family could share a soul mate.

My bandmates were my brothers in every sense except blood. I trusted them deeply, maybe even more than my family.

I was hesitant to know I would share my soul mate with them. My family was probably the most traditional. They were skeptical about soul mates. Telling them I shared a soul mate with six other people was difficult.

It took a few months for them to process it. When they discovered I would still have the same monogamous relationship, they caved.

I could still remember my mother's words when she first found out. It sounds ridiculous! Sharing a soul mate with six other men? What will people think? What about your fans?

During that time, I had just started seeing a girl—Ae-Ri. She was quite a boisterous girl who was more in love with the fact she was dating a celebrity than I.

Our relationship was rough and wrong. I liked her at first but as time developed, my feelings turned sour.

Guilt was a familiar emotion during this time. We started dating just before the pandemic occurred and after discovering what soul mates were. My tattoo had not appeared yet but I knew deep in my heart I had someone out there who was made for me.