Chapter 65 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." - The Godfather, 1974

Word count: 1757

MY parent's big house stood in front of me

I wiped away a bead of sweat that threatened to trickle down my face. Now was not the time to look nervous.

My train ride had been successful, although it was difficult to say goodbye to New Jersey. For two years, it had been my home. It was the place I met my soul mates. But I had to move on.

Sucking in a breath, I dragged my two big suitcases up the lawn and towards the porch. Their cars were both parked in the driveway so I knew they were home. My parents worked a lot but since it was the weekend, they must have taken the time off.

I was afraid of their reaction. I was preparing myself for them to smack the door back in my face. If they didn't, I was ready for the 'I told you so' that was going to come from them. I'd accept it with shame as long as they took me back.

Instead of picking up the spare key, I knocked on the door. For a moment, there was silence. And then, it swung open to reveal my father.

Lucas Bradshaw was a tall man with thinning blonde hair and sharp eyes. He was quite a cold man, just like my mother. However, he was a man of few words unlike her. Usually, my mom was the one who did the talking.

My mother—Jennifer Bradshaw—stepped up beside my father and eyed my form. Her dark blonde hair was pinned back into a bun and her face was free of make-up yet still managed to look perfect. She was an immaculate woman who worked at a major television company downtown. My mother was the definition of success.

"I thought I told you we had disowned you," She remarked, dryly. There wasn't an ounce of love in her voice. That was usual.

"I—" I cleared my throat and gathered my thoughts together. Come on, Alice, you've got this. "I'm not with my soul mates. I've come home to have a fresh start."