Chapter 10 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"You don't know about real loss, 'cause that only occurs when you love something more than you love yourself." — Good Will Hunting, 1997 

Word count: 1848

THE next couple of hours felt nice

THE next couple of hours felt nice. I had opened up to Anna and told her everything. It felt really good to get everything off my chest. I finally had someone who I could talk to and depend on.

My friendship with Anna shifted. I now perceived her as a close and dear friend. She was going to be the one who would help me work through this. 

Her informative words definitely opened my eyes and helped me see that I had time to choose what to do. I couldn't keep pretending this wasn't happening. That was getting me nowhere. 

I knew my soul mates weren't in America due to my soul sight. The surroundings I saw when one of them was walking down the street were not familiar and I even saw signs which were in a different language. Korean, I assumed.

It was comforting to know the bond wasn't going to force my feelings. However, I couldn't help but think about my feelings toward Liam over the past few months. I loved him, there was no doubt about that. But...the love I had for him wasn't the same anymore. My body didn't like his touches. It felt uncomfortable around him. I assumed it was the bond but now that I knew it wasn't the case, I had to wonder if it was my unconscious.

Was I secretly yearning for my soul mates?

It was a lot to wrap my head around. Together, Anna and I would work through this.

Around five o'clock Anna left, promising to see me tomorrow in our lecture. I waved her off and returned to my couch. My phone pinged and I unlocked it to find several messages from Ara.

[Ara] Hey

[Ara] I haven't seen you in so long! This course is driving me nuts. I need to do something fun before I blow my brains out. You down for some clubbing?