Chapter 6 - Jungkook

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Play it once, Sam. For old time's sake." — Casablanca, 1942

Word count: 2104

WHEN Tae entered the kitchen the next morning, with a spring in his step, I knew something amazing must have happened

Yoongi was still in bed—which really wasn't surprising—but the others were all eating breakfast too. Ho-seok who had a cheerful expression on his face (my hyung never felt sad) was the one who prodded him.

To our annoyance, he took his time answering us. He skipped over to the sink and poured a glass of water before lowering himself into his usual seat next to me.

I noticed that there weren't any purple bags under his eyes. Had he slept? That was rare for him. Over the past year, he struggled to fall asleep. Our doctor prescribed sleeping pills for him a few months ago but they did nothing. It was like his soul was too restless to sleep. It made me think Jin's theory was correct.

Nudging my hyung with my shoulder, I arched an eyebrow. "You can't keep secrets, Tae Tae. That's not fair."

Tae flashed us one of his private smiles, "I had a dream! I saw our soul mate!"

I choked on my apple, hunching over the table. Jimin who was also beside me started slapping me on the back,

"W—What? Really?" I stammered, my eyes widening with hope. It had been an exhausting year of waiting. To hear that three of my brothers have experienced the soul bond is exciting. I'm happy for them but also sad that I've not had anything yet. Will I get to experience something too?

I want to feel connected to my soul mate as well.

Tae nodded his head, "Yep. I was in some field which looked empty but as I ventured to this small lake, I saw a figure." My breath was in my throat at this point. We were all on the edge of our seats. Yoongi was going to be pissed that he missed this.