Chapter 68 - Jin

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"I wish I knew how to quit you." - Brokeback Mountain, 2005

Word count: 2261

THERE were dark days

THERE were dark days. Many dark days when we returned to Korea. It seemed the whole universe went wrong the moment we left America.

After the interview we had, our world spiraled out of control. What was supposed to be a happy occasion, turned into a disaster.

Firstly, Jungkook's make-up artist kissed him, on camera. Sparking wild results from fans.

Secondly, Namjoon's mother passed away. It was a painful blow to all of us that had come at the worst time.

We were at his home, offline from the world, when Manager Jon came storming into his home, announcing there was a big issue. You see, Jungkook hadn't told us what happened—he was mortified and ashamed. And well, Namjoon's mother died two hours after the interview. We left with him immediately, leaving all of our things, including our phones behind.

It had been three days since we had been in contact with society. Namjoon was grieving—and so were we. We all loved Namjoon's mother. A lot.

Manager Jon explained what was happening—that Big Hit didn't know what to say. Apparently, some of the board members thought we should confirm the rumors about Daiyu. They argued it would protect Alice from the world. None of us could do that though. It felt wrong to let some other girl pretend to be our soul mate.

Instead, we said we wanted to sue Daiyu and the people who leaked the photos.

Caught up in everything, we all forgot to message Alice. Our phones were dead when we returned to Seoul and before we could charge them, we were whisked to Big Hit where for three days, we worked on a solution and slept.