Chapter 74 - Alice

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way." - Who Framed Roger Rabbit, 1988

Word count: 1558

NAMJOON found a small cafe close to the museum

NAMJOON found a small cafe close to the museum. As we entered, the smell of fresh coffee hit my nose immediately. I scanned the small place, smiling at the various books dotted on the shelves and the cute fake plants on the tables.

It wasn't that busy and I was debating if that was a good thing or not. Since it was a serious conversation, the less noise there was, the better.

I ordered my drink first, opting for a warm hot chocolate. He copied my order, allowing me to pay for my drink.

We sat in the corner. He threw his mask off and released a sigh. I watched him for a moment, pondering what he wanted to say. So many thoughts zoomed in my head along with scenarios.

"So..." I began, licking my lips. His dark orbs honed in on this and swirled with want. Hmm, it seems not everything has changed.

"Right," He bobbed his head up and down, collecting his words. "I asked the others to let me tell you this since it's my fault we never got to contact you."

I froze at his words, curious and also afraid.

Namjoon dragged a hand through his blonde hair. "After the picture of Jungkook came out," I winced at his words, once again reminded of the pain I felt. Jealousy spewed inside of me, along with hurt. Namjoon noticed this and sent me an apologetic look. "I received a call from my family. My mother...she passed away."

There was a second of silence. That second felt like a lifetime. Those five words kept circulating in my head on repeat. My mother...she passed away. His mother died. And I ignored them. Selfishly, I gave them a week and gave up. I didn't give them a chance to explain. For him to mourn.