All Nighter ~ Commander Cody

I looked down at my comlink. Cody had called earlier saying he'd be over this afternoon because he needed to go over a briefing with me from Obi-Wan. He should be done by now with his paperwork or training that he usually does on a daily basis when he's not going on recon missions. I sighed and got up from my bed, walking over to the desk I had in my room. I pulled open the drawer and pulled out an old hologram, it was a video of Anakin, Ahsoka, and I dancing around with each other. Basically doing the stupidest things together to get yelled at by Obi-Wan and told how childish we all were. A knock at my door made me turn quickly towards it.

"It's open!" I called out and the door slid open.

I turned my head to look to see who had shown up. A bright smile pulled at my lips seeing the orange and white armor in the doorway. Cody walked inside, letting the door close behind him. I quickly stood up, letting the video replay the laughs of me and my friends.

"Afternoon Commander, I was starting to think you wouldn't show up." I walked closer to him.

Cody chuckled softly and took his helmet off. My heart leapt, smiling fondly at the clone. But that smile soon fell and I furrowed my eyebrows noticing the dark circles around his eyes that seemed darker than they usually were.

"What's with the strange look General?" Cody hummed before blinking as he looked down at me.

"What's up with the eye circles? You look like you haven't slept in days!" I exclaimed and Cody sighed.

"I've just been swamped with paperwork recently. I haven't been sleeping well." He shrugged his shoulders and I clicked my tongue.

Cody pulled out a datapad and huffed a breath. "But I have a briefing for you, General Kenobi suggested you come with the battalion next recon."

I nodded my head and sighed before walking back to the hologram turning it off. Cody walked over to the couch I had in the corner and sat down.

"You know, you can take off your armor? I know it's not the comfiest." I glanced back at him.

Cody opened his mouth like he was going to say something before closing it. He stood up and slowly took off the separate pieces placing them on the desk. He was now left in his blacks and he sat back down, the datapad still in his hand. I walked to the couch and sat down next to him. Cody leaned closer to me as he held the datapad to the middle of us so we could both see it. He started talking about the mission, yawning between almost every sentence. The planet we would be going to was known to be a huge operation sight for the Separatists. Cody blinked hard as he swiped right on the datapad to change information. I sighed softly as I noticed his eyes fighting to stay open.

"Hey what if I make some tea for you? It might relax you to help you sleep at night?" I suggested softly, slowly taking the datapad from his hands. "And I can finish reading this myself,"

Cody protested and told me "no it's fine" and that he just needed to focus more. I didn't listen to his protests and just made the tea anyways. But when I came back to him, he was leaning back against the couch asleep. I smiled and walked to the couch, sitting back in my spot. I held the cup of tea in one hand and held the datapad in the other, reading the rest of the briefing and mission details. Cody let out soft snores before he shifted in his position. I giggled softly and looked towards him as his body leaned towards me.

"No it's fine I don't need to sleep, my ass." I spoke softly, mocking the clone.

Cody exhaled a deep breath as a smile pulled at his lips. I smiled and drank the tea slowly. I hummed a tune softly as I read the details before feeling a weight on my shoulder. My head snapped to the side only to see the clone leaning against my shoulder, his head in the crook of my neck. My body froze and my eyes widened. I blinked and glanced over at Cody. His eyes were closed and a smile was plastered on his lips. I sighed softly before smiling. I pressed a small kiss on his temple which caused him to stir slightly. My eyes widened when my brain registered what I had just did.

"Oh my...." I whispered softly.

Cody moved closer into my body and wrapped his arms around my waist. He slowly pulled my body closer and muttered incoherent words. Cody's body tensed around me and I looked down at him again. His eyebrows were furrowed and he now held a frown on his lips. I blinked and waited to see what would happen next. Suddenly Cody jerked away, his eyes snapped open. He looked at me and then down at his arms.

"Oh shi- I'm so sorry General! I didn't mean to fall asleep!" Cody rambled as he yanked his arms away from me, his face having a slight tint of red run across it.

I giggled softly as I saw him move to the furthest end of the couch. "Cody it's fine, I'd rather you sleep that keep yourself awake."

Cody rubbed his face and held his hand over his eyes, grabbing his temple. He groaned and closed his eyes.

"I shouldn't be falling asleep and cuddling you. That's not professional." Cody muttered.

I shrugged my shoulders and moved closer to Cody. "It's okay Cody, really."

He groaned again and I sighed. I looked down before looking back up towards Cody. The clone had dropped his hands into his lap and now he was staring at his fingers, picking at them slightly. I blinked and quickly kissed his cheek. Cody's eyes widened and he looked back at me.

"General what-" He stopped himself and exhaled a breath. "I'm sorry for falling asleep on you. I need to head back to my quarters."

Cody stood up, grabbing the pieces of his armor. I blinked and watched him scramble to grab all his things.

"Cody? Cody I'm sorry I-" my mouth closed as Cody walked out the door without another word.

I groaned and slammed my face into my hands. Tears threatened to spill but I quickly shot up from the coach and moved to my bed, locking my door with the force. My body fell into the mattress and I quickly closed my eyes to try and get my mind off of what just happened.

"Stupid. I'm stupid." I groaned and ran my fingers through my hair and hugged my pillow tightly.

"He'll probably forget about it..or at least never speak to me about it.." I muttered and opened my eyes slightly. "I should forget about it."