Stars ~ General Hux

I had my arms crossed, sitting on a small chair. I stared at the door waiting for Hux to open it. My body was heating up with every second since I was wearing a winter coat that most of the officers were given on Star Killer. The door opened and the general walked in.
"(Y/n), I'm back."
He said with a huff in his voice. My eyebrows furrowed and Hux caught my eyes. One of his eyebrows raised and he tweaked his head to the side a little.
"What's wrong darling?"
Hux asked as he shed the long black jacket off his arms. Hux stood in the same spot waiting for me to answer.
"You said you would be back earlier. We were supposed to have a little time for ourselves."
I stated, standing up to my feet. Hux blinked and held his jacket over his arms. Then he moved to put everything away, to the same spot where he could find it in the morning.
"I'm sorry, Snoke and Ren kept me up in a meeting. I thought it would be done quicker."
Hux explained, still putting things away and not even paying attention to me. My mouth fell agape slightly as he kept walking around.
"Hux."
"Maybe tomorrow (Y/n). There was a lot today and I just don't want to walk around the base anymore than I have too."
I furrowed my eyebrows.
"No, this is the third time this week you've pushed this back. Do you just not want to hang out with your girlfriend outside of sleeping?"
Hux turned on his heel to look at me. He had a frown plastered on his face while his eyebrows were knitted together. I glared at him, keeping my ground. With Hux, I had to learn how to be more assertive with trying to spend time with him. We didn't always have time together during our lives on the base but we slowly made it work. Most of the time, I worked day shifts as a patrol officer but sometimes I would have to work night shifts; so our schedules would be bounced off of each other. Hux sighed softly and his face softened.
"Okay, okay. We were supposed to go stargazing? Right?"
Hux asked, walking toward his closet and looking for a thicker jacket. I smiled brightly and ran towards him. Part of me was surprised he even remembered what we planned on doing. I always liked the stars and since we had just moved on the base; I wanted to take more of this systems star constellations.
"Yes!"
I exclaimed and he turned back towards me. Hux was putting on his coat and he smiled softly. I grabbed a blanket so we could sit on it. Hux grabbed his hat and placed it on his head and I did the same. He walked out of the room before me and I soon followed him. Hux propped his arm out slightly, I giggled and placed my hand in the crook of his elbow. My body instinctively leaned against him. We walked towards the closet exit and Hux sighed contently.
"I'm sorry for acting like that (Y/n)."
Hux broke the small silence we had as we walked.
"It's fine. I get that work is dumb sometimes. I just want to spend more time with you, that's not saying hi and then going to sleep."
I spoke softly. We walked up to the exit and the door slid open. The snow was pushed out of the doorway, making a small path. Stormtroopers stood in front of the door, they nodded their heads and stood to attention when they looked at the two of us. Hux nodded towards them as we walked away. I pulled on his arm slightly as we reached a fork in the pathway.
"I know where to go. I saw a nice spot on one of my patrols."
I explained and Hux smiled.
"Of course, lead the way."
He replied and I giggled. We reached the top of a small hill where the trees opened up, they had a small gap so you could see the sky. I pulled my arm away from him and laid out the blanket. Hux smiled and rubbed his hands together, trying to warm them a little. He sat down on the blanket and I sat next to him, laying my head on his lap. Hux intertwined my fingers with his and laid his hand on my stomach. He glanced up towards the sky and then I slowly followed. My eyes lit up slightly and I whispered as I counted each star I could see. Hux looked down at me, raising his eyebrow.
"Darling, don't you think it's a little pointless to count the stars?"
"Well it's also pointless to count freckles but I know you have at least 26 on your right hand."
I spoke and looked at him. Hux blinked and raised his eyebrow.
"You've counted my freckles?"
I smiled and giggled.
"Yeah it's like your own personal Galaxy on your face."
Hux's face turned a slight red and he looked away from me. I pressed a small kiss on his hand.
"You'd be the first person to say that to me.."
Hux mumbled and looked back towards me. I blinked and looked up at him.
"Really?"
I asked. Hux nodded and rubbed his hand against his cheek.
"My father always considered them to be one of the many flaws I have."
Hux muttered and I slowly sat up. Hux didn't really mention his father a lot and I knew how much tension there was between the two. I didn't know a lot about him or their relationship but the way Hux seemed to avoid any conversation with any relation to parents.
"Well, I think they're beautiful,"
I placed both my hands on the side of his face.
"They make you unique."
I said placing multiple kisses on his cheeks. He chuckled and grabbed my wrists.
"Thank you (Y/n)."
Hux kissed my nose. I smiled brightly and laid on his chest.
"And you know, your dad was wrong about a lot of things."
I said and closed my eyes, enjoying the comforting warmth. Hux wrapped his arms around me protectively. He hummed a response and held me close. Hux patted my back slightly.
"So, any recognizable constellations?"
Hux said trying to change the shift in energy. I opened my eyes and looked up towards the sky. The stars twinkled, blinking bright and slightly dimming. I shook my head and Hux laid his head in the crook of my neck. I ran my fingers through his hair as I stared up in the sky. I squinted as I watched a star slowly brighten.
"Hux look, the star is dying."
I said and Hux moved his head to look up.
"Where?"
I pointed my finger towards the star that kept getting brighter. His gaze followed my finger till his eyes landed on the star. It got a little brighter then it disappeared.
"Woah.."
Hux muttered. I giggled and I kissed his cheek. I slowly stood up and Hux looked up at me.
"It's getting colder and I'm getting a little tired. Maybe we should go back."
Hux nodded and stood up, I backed off the blanket and Hux picked it up. We joked a little as we walked back towards our shared room. When we got back, we both shed the winter coats we had on and changed into night clothes. Hux laid down on the bed and sighed happily, cuddling into the comforter. I giggled and crawled into the covers.
"Hey Hux."
I whispered softly.
"Hmm?"
He hummed back.
"I love you."
I said, grabbing his hand and squeezing it. He returned the squeeze.
"I love you too (Y/n)."
He said, pulling me closer to him. He shivered slightly and gripped me slightly. I giggled and closed my eyes as I leaned into him.
"Jesus you're so cold (Y/n)!"
He exclaimed and rubbed my arms to try and warm me up. I laughed and opened my eyes.
"Let me cuddle and I'll get warmer!"
I whined and put my face in his chest. He chuckled and held me close.
"Of course, darling, of course."
He said softly and yawned. I sighed happily and slowly fell asleep in his arms.