Stress ~ Luke Skywalker

Luke smiled brightly as he pushed (Y/n) into the mess hall. Her eyes were covered by his hands and she giggled as Luke lead her around the base of Yavin IV. He had told (Y/n) he had a surprise for her tonight but didn't give away any signs of what it could be. No hints. Just told her to be free from dusk to dawn.

"Are we there yet?" (Y/n) questioned and Luke hummed, kissing the top of (Y/n)'s head.

"Yeah, we're here," Luke announced as he moved his hands from her eyes.

(Y/n) giggled as she opened her eyes looking out in front of her. Tables had been put up for the night except for one which was decorated with candles and an (f/c) tablecloth. (Y/n) blinked and smiled softly at the sight.

"I know it's not a nice restaurant dinner date, but I thought it'd be nice then eating in my quarters," Luke said, walking next to (Y/n).

She pressed a kiss to his cheek, intertwining her fingers with his. "It's perfect Luke."

Luke walked her closer to the table, letting (Y/n) climb onto the bench. She smiled and inhaled a deep breath. Luke walked around to sit across from her and he quickly waved his hand to use the force to pour the drinks for the two of them.

"R2 and 3PO said they'd help out tonight but don't worry, I prepared the food beforehand," Luke said as he handed the cup to (Y/n).

(Y/n) gladly took the cup and giggled. "I don't think I could handle droid-made food anymore."

The two laughed softly and Luke took a sip of the Tatooni Junko he had poured himself and (Y/n). It was one of the specialty drinks he had always wanted to try from Tattooine but never got the chance to while he was there. (Y/n) exhaled a deep breath as her finger traced around the rim of her cup. Luke raised an eyebrow, sensing the uneasiness that was radiating off his girlfriend. He reached forward, grabbing her hand in his. (Y/n) glanced up, eyes locking with his.

"I noticed how swamped you've been with plans for the new republic. Let's just take this night to not think about it?" Luke rubbed (Y/n)'s knuckles and she smiled in response.

(Y/n) nodded slowly and Luke brought her hand up to kiss her knuckles. A loud beep made the couple jump. R2 had just rolled up to the table. He had the server droid attachment where the top of his head was basically a serving tray. Two plates of food were placed on top of it and Luke smiled brightly.

"Thank you R2!" Luke leaned over and grabbed the plates off the droid and placed them in front of (Y/n) and him.

(Y/n) smiled at the food that was actually like real food and not the rations they had been eating for months. Luke looked up at (Y/n). She slowly ate the food, staring down at the plate. He frowned and ate his food along with her. Luke kept glancing up at (Y/n), watching her start to play with the food on her plate. Her body started to tense and Luke watched her (e/c) eyes become distant. Luke slowly put his utensils down and kept eye contact with (Y/n).

"(Y/n)?" Luke said softly, reaching his hand towards hers.

She inhaled a deep breath before closing her eyes tightly. The breath was held as she tried not to break down in front of Luke. (Y/n) felt Luke's hand grab onto hers and that seemed to be the last straw. Tears fell down her cheeks and she let out a breathy sob. Luke's eyes widened and he quickly stood up to move next to (Y/n). He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pulled her body into the side of his. (Y/n) just let the tears fall as she cried loudly. She leaned into his body as she tried to take a deep breath to help her relax. Luke sighed and laid his head on top of (Y/n) as she buried her face into his chest.

"It's okay, (Y/n). I got you and you're safe. I promise." Luke hummed as he kissed the top of her head.

The two sat there for a few minutes it seemed while (Y/n) curled herself into Luke. He just sat and rubbed circles into her back while humming softly.

(Y/n) hiccuped before exhaling a deep breath. "I'm..I'm sorry Luke.."

Luke blinked and moved his head so he could look down at the girl crying into him.

"Fuck..I'm sorry, I ruined this whole nice date you had planned.." (Y/n) muttered, bringing her hands up to rub her eyes, shoving unwanted tears back in.

"Nono (Y/n)! You didn't ruin anything. I did this because I noticed how stressed you were." Luke said as he moved (Y/n)'s hands to try and look her in the eyes.

She tilted her head up to look up at Luke, still blinking away the tears in her eyes. Luke smiled when they made eye contact. (Y/n) sighed softly.

"Maybe we should've just had a nice movie night in my quarters. I think that could've been better." Luke sighed running his hand through (Y/n)'s hair.

She smiled and leaned into Luke's hand. "No, no I liked dinner better. I'm just so..tried. I want to just tell everyone in this base to just leave me alone." (Y/n) said as she kissed Luke's palm.

Luke smiled and held the side of (Y/n)'s cheek. He knew exactly what she was talking about, especially being the Jedi around the base. It seemed like everyone wanted to talk to him about something. (Y/n) yawned softly and closed her eyes. Luke kissed her temple and rubbed her cheek with his thumb.

"How about this, me and you. We go to some planet, who knows which one; for a few days? Gets us both away from the base and from people. No answering to anyone. Just us." Luke suggested and (Y/n) snapped her eyes open.

"What? But what about the Republic?" (Y/n) spoke, furrowing her eyebrows.

Luke shrugged his shoulders and picked (Y/n) up. "Does it matter? They can handle themselves for a few days."

(Y/n) gasped at the sudden movement gripping onto Luke. She giggled and leaned her head on his chest.

"It sounds amazing." She leaned up and kissed him.

Luke smiled against the kiss, returning the action and holding (Y/n) close. They pulled apart from each other and Luke chuckled.

"Can we still have that movie night?" (Y/n) asked softly.

"Of course we can." Luke said as he carried her towards his quarters.