Late Nights ~ General Hux

There will always be nights like this. Hux was locked away in his office trying to figure out paperwork for the ship. Transfer orders, budget approval, repair approval, you know; the General things. While Hux was doing that (Y/n) was in their shared room, reading or cleaning. Getting things ready for the next day. Usually, that consisted of finding the pieces of clothing Hux strewn about the room when he came in exhausted and just shedded his clothing before crawling into bed.

But as a gift (if you'd call it that) Phasma found a desk and gave it to (Y/n) so Hux could keep the important files and stuff inside their room so they could spend a little more time together when there were nights like this. So now Hux was just sitting at the desk, staring at the paperwork in front of him. Some radar technician had broken some stuff. (Y/n) just sat on the couch near the desk and stared at Hux from the book they held in their hands. (Y/n) had convinced him to let them put a couch there so they could still be close to him without bothering him too much. Hux ran a finger through his hair making it fall out from the gelled position it was in. He sighed and tried to push it away as he stared down at the papers.

"Hux, maybe leave the rest for tomorrow? You look exhausted.." (Y/n) said, making Hux jump from the suddenness of their voice.

He honestly forgot they were there and thought they'd gone to bed. "Love, I'm almost done with this. I just have a few more papers."

(Y/n) hummed and put the book down. They walked over to Hux and brushed the rest of his hair out with their fingers. Hux sighed happily, melting into their touch. (Y/n) pressed a light kiss on his cheek. They slowly pulled away from Hux and walked towards the bathroom to start getting ready to go to sleep. Hux's gaze followed them from the corner of his eye before turning back to the paperwork to finish. (Y/n) then walked around the shared quarters to make a cup of tea. They turned back to look at Hux who didn't even spare a glance or a noise to them as they walked past. (Y/n) sighed and slowly put water into the kettle staring at the running water. Hux groaned softly and placed his head in his hand as he stared at the recent damage reports. (Y/n) furrowed their eyebrows at the nosies Hux made before finishing the tea that was being made. They poured it into a small cup, inhaling the aroma. A soft sigh escaped their lips as they grabbed the cup and walked back over to Hux.

"Here," (Y/n) said as they placed the cup next to the stack of papers. "For when you're done and need to relax."

(Y/n) leaned into Hux's back and wrapped their arm around his shoulders. Hux sighed happily at the contact, reaching his hand up to lay across (Y/n)'s. He hummed softly and placed a quick kiss on their knuckles and rubbed tiny circles into their hand.

"Thank you love, but you should get some sleep." Hux whispered and (Y/n) nodded.

"I am. Just wanted to give this to you before I head off." They leaned down and kissed Hux's head. "I love you, goodnight. Don't stay up too late."

(Y/n) walked away from Hux. "Goodnight, I love you too!" He called as they walked away.

They hummed in acknowledgment and made their way to the shared bed. (Y/n) crawled underneath the covers and exhaled a deep breath. Hux signed off on the papers, writing in costs and the instructions of who to take the paper to. He reached over and picked up the cup of tea as he placed the paper on another stack of completed paperwork. Hux took a small sip and smiled at the warm feeling the liquid provided. It was a nice change from the nippy feeling that starships gave you.

"When I'm done with the tea, is when I'll be done with paperwork." Hux muttered to himself as he grabbed another paper and started working on it.

30 minutes later, the cup was empty and there wasn't any more paperwork left to be filled out. Hux smiled triumphantly. He'd honestly never finished all his paperwork in one sitting. Hux yawned and covered his mouth before standing up from his chair. He slowly made his way to the bed. (Y/n) was hugging his pillow and had their face pushed into it. Hux smiled at the sight and quietly changed into his pajamas. He slowly crawled into bed in front of (Y/n), trying to move the pillow from their grip to cuddle with them instead. It was slow and gentle to try and not wake them. Which it worked since (Y/n) stayed fast asleep. Hux pushed a few strands of hair out of their face and kissed the middle of their forehead.

"Thank you my love." He whispered before pulling (Y/n) close to his chest and falling asleep.