Just One Dance ~ Anakin Skywalker

"My lady, your father has called for you."
Iris said softly with her head poked through my small doorframe. I smiled softly and looked at her from the corner of my eye.
"Thank you, I'll be right out."
I started to turn around to face her. She nodded and closed the door again. I fixed the shirt of my outfit, making sure it laid nicely on my body before I walked out of my room. My feet brought me into the small study my dad always was in. The door opened as I stepped closer and I was faced with two robed figures. I blinked.
"(Y/n), there you are."
My father called attention to me, making the figures turn towards me. I raised an eyebrow and looked at them. They looked very familiar. Then it hit me.
"Obi-Wan Kenobi?"
I said and walked closer to the man; he almost looked the same, but with a beard now. Obi-Wan smiled and bowed his head towards me.
"It's a pleasure to cross paths again, (Y/n).
He looked back up at me. I glanced over to the other man, his hair was to his shoulder and a scar ran down the side of his cheek. I stared a little bit then smiled.
"Anakin?!"
I exclaimed and he smiled and nodded. I quickly pulled him into a hug. He chuckled and hugged back.
"You've grown so much since I last saw you."
I said as we pulled away from each other.
"You have too (Y/n)."
Anakin smiled down at me. The last time I had seen him was when my older brother and I got stuck on Naboo when the Trade Federation tried to occupy the planet. We both were very young at the time and he was just starting his Jedi training.
"Your brother's marriage ceremony is today on Naboo. So these two will accompany you and be your personal bodyguards since I still don't have a good feeling about that planet."
My father brought me out of my thoughts about Anakin, which just made me remember that my brother was old enough to get married to Padme. I smiled brightly, honestly, I couldn't wait for that day. My brother would finally leave this planet and me alone.
"How fun."
I said softly. I glanced back at Anakin and smiled at him. He returned the expression.
"I'll go get my things packed. When are we leaving?"
I asked my father.
"Tomorrow."
He responded and I nodded.
"It was really nice seeing you two again and I look forward to our time together."
I stated, looking over at Obi-Wan and Anakin. They both nodded their heads. I turned on my heel and walked out back to my room. Iris walked behind me to help gather outfits for the journey.

Time Skip

Today was the day. The day I got to watch my brother get married. It was excited and according to my brother the best day of his life. I sighed looking at the red dress I had on. I was supposed to match a little to the color scheme but the dress made me feel a little uncomfortable. Maybe it was just the tightness, I had no idea. A small knock at my door broke me out of my thoughts. I made my way over and opened it. Anakin stood with a small smile on his face and I blinked before smiling back at him.
"Ready to go?"
He asked softly and I nodded. We both walked side by side towards the entrance of the little banquet hall where the gala was being held. The whole day was just a small ceremony with only a few ambassadors and other members of the courts before it turned into a huge festival and party with the whole city and those who could make it to the gala that would be held afterward.
"So, Ani. How has your training been treating you?"
I tried to make small talk, using the old nickname Padme and I had given him. He chuckled softly at the name.
"It's been okay. I finished the trials and now I'm a commander for the Clone Wars
"That's great."
"How about you (Y/n)? What have you been up to?"
Anakin asked, shifting the subject to me. I really had nothing to say. My life wasn't as interesting as his. I did my studies and learned how to help rule my own planet. I wasn't running around with an army, fighting off the Separatists.
"(Y/n)?"
A gloved hand was waved in my face and I quickly blinked.
"Sorry, I've been doing nothing really. Studies and that's about it. Not that interesting compared to a commander."
I explained, shrugging my shoulders. Anakin smiled and nodded.
"Yeah not everyone can have an interesting life like me."
Anakin boasted and I hit his shoulder. A smile pulled at my lips.
"You're so full of yourself."
I rolled my eyes as we walked up to the door. Anakin opened it and let me walk in before him. The whole area was filled with people dressed up; they were all dancing and talking. I exhaled softly, not really being a fan of big parties like this but I was here for my brother and I couldn't just skip out on him like this.
"You okay (Y/n)?"
Anakin asked as he walked next to me. I nodded and pushed a strand of my hair away from my face. Anakin nodded and scanned the area.
"Where's Obi-Wan?"
I questioned looking around the room for him.
"I don't know actually,"
Anakin said. I shrugged my shoulders and walked farther into the hall to get away from the door. Anakin and I stood off to the side and talked a little bit more about what we had missed from the years we hadn't seen each other. I spotted Obi-Wan talking to a girl, I couldn't get a good look at her face but I could see she was someone of high standing by how she was dressed. I nudged Anakin and pointed towards Obi-Wan.
"I found him."
I said and Anakin smiled.
"I'll be right back, I need to go ask him about something. Don't get kidnapped while I'm gone."
Anakin winked before navigating through the crowd to reach his master. I giggled at his comment and watched as people started to crowd onto the dance floor as the music started to get slower. Couples danced together and I smiled as I watched my brother dance with Padme. They looked at each other with complete admiration and their mouths moved slightly as they danced close to each other. I swayed a little to the music, really not even noticing my movements.
"Excuse me miss?"
A man spoke up after he walked closer to me. I turned towards him and smiled, trying to seem friendly.
"What is a beautiful lady like yourself standing off to the side by herself?"
He asked and I shifted my weight on my left leg away from him.
"Just, you know, watching everyone else. I'm not a big party person."
I shrugged my shoulders, feeling a little bit uncomfortable.
"Well, I would be happy to keep you company then."
He edged on. I smiled and looked away slightly.
"Thank you, but it's really not necessary."
"Come on, just accept the compliment already."
He groaned and I rolled my eyes, trying to scan through the crowd to find Anakin or Obi-Wan. And of course, they were nowhere to be seen. I yelped as I felt an arm wrap around my waist. The man pulled me closer to him and I pushed on his chest to distance myself.
"Please, I really don't feel comfortable."
I tried to get myself out of the situation.
"(Y/n)?"
Anakin called for me and I looked around. I locked eyes with him as he walked closer to me. I smiled brightly and the guy growled slightly. Anakin looked at the guy and furrowed his eyebrows.
"Who are you?"
Anakin questioned, crossing his arms over his chest.
"Go back to minding you're own, man."
The man growled out, tightening his grip around my waist. I squeaked slightly at the pressure. Anakin stepped forward, grabbing the guy's arm and pulling him off of me.
"If you were smart, you would just leave me and her alone, before you get on my bad side."
Anakin warned. The guy pulled his arm back, shaking Anakin's grip off. I watched as the guy's fist balled up.
"Anak-"
I started to warn him but stopped myself as Anakin lifted his fist and punched the guy. The man quickly flung his hands over his face, stopping blood that started to trikle down from his nostril. He groaned and glared up at me then at Anakin. A few of the gaurds walked to the three of us and grabbed onto the guy. The gaurds looked at me and realized who I was. I asked them if they could escort the man out of the party and not let him back in. They agree and carried the guy away. I turned to Anakin as he rubbed his fist on his pant leg. He turned to look at me and smiled.
"Sorry (Y/n). I didn't think that would happen the second I left you."
He apolgized. I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. He tensed before relaxing into my touch.
"Thank you."
I whispered softly and looked up at him. Anakin smiled softly at me and nodded.
"Of course (Y/n), anything for you."
He responded as another song started back up. We looked out to the floor and then back towards each other.
"Would you care for a dance?"
Anakin asked and I giggled.
"Yes I would love too."
I answered.