Mistake Pt.2 ~ Mando

Mando's POV

I stormed off towards my quarters on the ship. My helmet reflected off the lights, I grunted softly as it hit my eyes. I opened the door and slammed it behind me. My breath quickened as I lifted the helmet up to my eyesight. I stared at the reflection that looked back at me. Dried blood still splatter on my face.
"This is the way"
That inner voice spoke to me. My eyes trailed downwards towards the floor.
"No living thing.."
I mumbled, sliding down the door slightly. I leaned my head back against the door and sighed heavily.

(Y/n)'s POV

I rubbed my face, catching the stray tears that were falling. I quickly walked towards the child to make sure it was still asleep or that it didn't try to fly the ship. I slowly opened the shield on the crib; the small alien was snuggled into the blankets that were in there. It slowly breathed and it's ears twitched slightly. I smiled down before planting a small kiss on the side of its head. I closed the shield again, sighing in relief. I was a little bummed that it didn't wake back up just so I could try to distract myself from what happened. What if he couldn't back on? What would he do? And what will he do with me if he can or can't put it back on. My body felt weak as I thought more and more about what might happen. I slowly sat down on the floor and pulled me legs up to my chest. A door slammed open and then closed. Footsteps walked towards the cockpit, I glanced up seeing Mando with his helmet still off. My heart pounded in my chest and felt like it was getting crushed. The small crib started floating towards the cockpit, making me instantly jump up. Then I remembered that Din had control of it. I sighed and leaned against the wall, knowing he'd probably not want to see me.
"(Y/n)!"
His voice rang through the ship. The moderator he usually had wasn't there. I slowly walked towards the cockpit. I stood behind the doorway slightly.
"What's up?"
My voice shook.
"Come in here."
Din said sternly. I slowly walked in, my hands twitched slightly. I quickly clenched my hands together to stop the shaking. His dark hair framed his face perfectly, making my stomach flutter. My throat tightened slightly as he stood up and walked towards me.
"Did..it go back on..?"
I asked softly, looking at the helmet sitting on the dashboard. He huffed a breath as he stood in front of me. I rubbed my eyes to try and catch tears that started to form.
"Even if it didn't, I couldn't lose you for something so small."
Din whispered softly, wrapping his arms around my waist. He pulled me closer to his chest and laid his head on top of mine. My body froze as I stared at the sliver armor.
"I'm sorry for yelling at you,"
He said softly.
"I..I just freaked out. No one has ever seen me like this before."
Din gripped tighter to me. I sighed and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling his head down. I placed a small kiss on his cheek, rubbing his shoulders.
"I know, and I know how much it means to you."
I said softly. He moved his face away to look down at me. I held his jaw with my hand and he leaned into my hand. Mando sighed heavily, holding my hand. He leaned forward and pressed his lips onto mine. I smiled softly and kissed back. He pulled away slightly and sighed.
"I guess we should see if it goes back on."
I kissed his nose. He smiled softly.
"I mean, I'll keep it off for you."
He pressed a kiss onto my knuckles. I smiled softly. I moved towards his helmet picking it up. He sat down in the pilots chair. I squealed as I was pulled on his lap.
"Din!"
I squeaked holding onto his helmet. He hummed and nuzzled his face into my neck.
"Maybe I don't wanna put it back on. It's nice to be able to kiss you."
He mumbled, feathering kisses across my neck. My body froze as my cheeks heated up. He chuckled softly and wrapped his arms around my waist.
"Din, we have to see if it'll go back on."
I huffed out.
"Fine."
I turned around in his lap to face him. God he made this so hard to try to put back on, he was so handsome. Din smiled at me. He pressed a quick peck on my lips making me giggle. I lifted the helmet towards his head. I inhaled and quickly pushed the helmet down.
"Ow."
The moderator changed his voice again from the smooth tone to the cold robotic one. I looked at the visor and smiled brightly.
"Well, it went back on!"
I exclaimed. He chuckled and pulled me down to his chest. I smiled and closed my eyes.
"I'm glad I have you."
He said softly.
"Me too."