Campfire ~ Poe Dameron

I sighed, pulling the blanket around my body. Poe knelt next to me, trying to spark a fire. I shivered and made a slight noise doing so.
"Don't worry (Y/n), I'm almost got it."
Poe gritted his teeth and flung a spark into the wood that laid in a circle. A small ember caught onto the wood.
"Aha!"
Poe cheered and started making the flame bigger. I giggled at his celebration. BB-8 beeped excitedly.
"Good job General."
I smiled and pulled my legs into the blanket. Poe gave me a goofy smile and sat next to me. He wrapped his arms around the blanket.
"Thank you."
He said, placing a small kiss on my cheek.
"Oh my god,"
Poe whispered out as he pulled away
"You're freezing."
I rolled my eyes at his remark.
"Yeah, I know."
I puffed out a white cloud from my breath. Poe pushed me slightly.
"Go more towards the fire. It might feel better."
He said and stood up. I nodded and inched my body towards the flames. BB-8 rolled next to me and beeped. Poe glanced at him, raising an eyebrow.
"What?"
Poe breathed out. My nerves started rising, seeing the look on Poe's face. He stood up and reached for a rifle he had leaning against the log.
"(Y/n), stay here."
My stomach twisted at those words.
"Poe, what's out there?"
I asked, pulling the blanket closer to my body. He looked back at me and smiled.
"Don't worry about it."
Poe held the rifle up to his shoulder and started walking into the trees. His body disappeared from the light that was shone from the fire. BB-8 beeped frantically before rolling next to my feet. I huffed out a sigh and held the blanket close to me. A twig snap and BB-8 made a curious beep. My body stiffened up slightly. I gripped the blanket tightly. Hands gripped around my arms and I heard breathing behind me in my ear. My body froze on the log. BB-8 beeped and rolled around.
"Wow, how boring."
Poe said softly hugging my waist. My thoughts came back to reality. I turned to look at him, he wore a goofy smile. I groaned and hit his arm.
"I hate you."
I crossed my arm. He chuckled and kissed my cheek. He moved himself down onto the log and placed me on his lap. Poe laid his head onto my blanket-covered shoulder. I snuggled into his chest, closing my eyes. Poe started mumbling a soft song. I smiled softly, focusing on his voice. He kept singing softly, before shifting himself to sit down on the floor. He leaned against the log and I moved the blanket around to cover him too.  Poe smiled and hugged the blanket around the two of us. BB-8 beeped and rolled next to Poe and me.
"Shh."
Poe said softly, rubbing my back. He played with my hair and still mumbled the song. I sighed softly and slowly fell asleep in his arms.