There Are Rules ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi

A/N: Is it really a surprise my first one-shot is with this man. Oof

The breeze blew my (h/c) hair around my face slightly. I sighed as I picked at the small blades of grass in the field I was sitting in. Stars and the lights from the city made me feel relaxed. Currently, I was on Naboo with my brother, Anakin Skywalker, and his master Obi-Wan Kenobi. They were assigned to protect Padme but I was always dragged along with them; there was no way I was staying with the council and have to basically work there.

"Ah, there you are (Y/n)!" I heard someone call.

My eyes traveled towards the noise. Obi-Wan was standing a few feet to the side of me. He wore a bright smile that matched his blue eyes. I giggled and laid back into the grass, looking up into the sky.

"Hey, Obi-Wan." I said softly and stared at the twinkling stars.

The grass crunched under his step as he sat down next to me.

"The stars really that interesting?" He asked, raising an eyebrow and looking down at me.

"It's nice to just look at them from far away not just in space." I rolled my eyes and pulled him all the way down.

He huffed out a breath as he looked up to the stars.

"You can see each one of them twinkle. It's just amazing that this star collection is only for this system." I said stretching my hand out towards the sky.

The stars shone brightly in the night, it was so different from Tatooine, I never got to see them a lot. So when Qui-Gon had bought Ani and me, I was so excited to see the stars and other planets. My head turned to the side seeing the Jedi smiling warmly at me. Obi-Wan seemed to be in deep thought as he looked at me. My eyebrows furrowed slightly.

"Is everything alright?" I asked softly.

He blinked and quickly turned his head back up to the sky.

"Yes, of course." He cleared his throat and stretched his arms out. "I have to say this feels very nice."

He added on to his sentence. I bit my lip slightly and took a deep breath.

"I really like you!" I said quickly.

The whole mood changed after that. Obi-Wan sat up and looked at me, puzzled.

"What?" He asked as I sat up.

I felt my face burn.

"I guess I love you.." I said softly and looked away from him.

He just sat there and did nothing. He didn't say another word, he just looked at me.

"(Y/n).."

"I know Jedi aren't allowed to have relationships..I don't know I think that just makes me want it more.." I stood up and rubbed my arm.

"I'm sorry, I can't just break the code like that." Obi-Wan said and stood up.

I looked away, my vision getting blurry from tears.

"I know.." My voice cracked slightly as I ran towards the city.

He just stood there and watched me run.

Obi-Wan's POV

I watched as (Y/n) ran away from me. I knew she had feelings for me. I couldn't say that she didn't drive me crazy. Her smile makes my heart flutter every time I see it. But, I've trained too hard to get where I am. I couldn't just back down from everything.

"I'm so stupid." I grumbled, walking the footsteps of (Y/n).

My mind raced with different thoughts. I decided I was just going to let her sleep and I was going to go to sleep as well. I'll act on this in the morning before I leave.

I woke up the next morning and looked everywhere for (Y/n), but I couldn't find her anywhere. I walked up to Anakin.

"Have you seen (Y/n)? I really need to talk to her."

"Uh, she was in the library last I saw her." He said and shrugged his shoulders.

My feet quickly sped towards the library. I walked around looking at the different aisles to find her. I glanced and saw her (h/c) hair in the back of the aisle, she had her back turned from me, looking at the books on the back wall. I swiftly walked towards her. She didn't notice me or she was just pretending not to notice me. I could understand why she wouldn't want to talk to me.

"(Y/n), we need to talk." Her body jerked slightly at my voice.

She didn't turn around to face me.

"Why? I already embarrassed myself." She said softly.

I grabbed her hand and spun her around to face me. She blinked and locked eyes with mine. Her face turned red before she turned her head away. I sighed, grasping her jaw with my hand and turning her head to look at me.

"Look at me. Please." I said sternly and she just nodded.

(Y/n)'s POV

Obi-Wan's eyes darted around quickly to see if anyone was looking or around us. We connected our eyes again. I gulped slightly. He leaned down slightly, pressing his lips against mine. My eyes widened in shock but soon closed as I kissed back. He pulled away slightly, just enough for his lips to ghost mine. My face burned and he let go of my jaw.

"That's not a talk General." I whispered slightly and giggled.

Obi-Wan smiled and rolled his eyes.

"No, but it was better than words can even describe." He said and kissed me quickly.

He walked closer to me, which instinctively made me back up, into the books. I looked up at him and blinked. It was weird to see him like this, but I wasn't complaining. He snaked his arms around my waist, kissing me again. I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck as he deepened the kiss. My hand made its way to his hair and I gripped onto it, holding him close to me. Someone cleared their throat, making us quickly pull apart and push away from each other. I looked over at my younger brother who had his arms crossed.

"Oh, hello Anakin."

"Wow."

"Ani, please don't say anything." I pouted softly.

He smiled and nodded. "Secret's safe with me. I came to find you, Master. Your ship is here."

"Thank you." Obi-Wan said as he walked away from us. I looked up at him.

"Can I come with you?" I asked softly.

He looked down at me, placing his hand in his hair to fix it. "No, it's going to be dangerous and I don't want you getting hurt."

I sighed and nodded. "What about the rules?"

"Sometimes rules are made to be broken." Obi-Wan smirked down at me.

He winked and walked away. I groaned and turned back around to the books I was looking at.